Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology direct to devialet
Just a random thought. Was reading synology can have 24/192 USB audio output. Has anyone tried doing that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(29-Jan-2015, 17:19)warpeon Wrote: Just a random thought. Was reading synology can have 24/192 USB audio output. Has anyone tried doing that?

I don't think there are Devialet USB drivers for the Synology.
(29-Jan-2015, 18:16)Dr Tone Wrote: I don't think there are Devialet USB drivers for the Synology.

I don't think Linux boxes need USB drivers with Devialet.
(29-Jan-2015, 18:16)Dr Tone Wrote:
(29-Jan-2015, 17:19)warpeon Wrote: Just a random thought. Was reading synology can have 24/192 USB audio output. Has anyone tried doing that?

I don't think there are Devialet USB drivers for the Synology.

The audio subsystem on a Synology is most likely Linux (as is the OS). If that is the case, the USB input on the Devialet will show up as an audio device. Devialet is using an XMOS USB chipset which is well supported by alsa. Check if Synology Audio Station has support for XMOS and USB 2.0
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I used a Synology DS direct via USB for a couple of months. It worked flawlessly. I stopped because I found the interface a bit feeble.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Thanks. Was looking for a more convenient setup than streaming from computer. Which required me to switch on devialet, then select AIR to devialet setup, and then back to devialet to play. (using iTunes as the control which I find easier than other remotes).