Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's USB implementation
Hi guys,

I've been trying to find more tech data regarding my D200 USB input, but failed in the attempt.

I've been experimenting a bit recently. I connected my laptop via USB to my Oppo 105 then coax to the D200 (nice cabling all around), and I must say that, not really expecting much, I was quite impressed by the sound. Nothing extreme in individual parameter's (tonal balance, soundstage, instrument separation...) improvement but an overall sense of ease and engagement not found in my laptop's direct connexion to the D200.

Now, this could very well be the result of the poor USB output of my laptop or that the coax input of the D200 is so much better that its USB. What do you guys think? I know it is difficult to stablish a baseline without further experimentation.

I would essentially like to have an idea as to how an Aurender X100 would perform in my system. Unfortunately I've got no dealer that can lend me one nearby.

Any info is very appreciatedĀ  Smile

ML
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
(31-Jan-2015, 14:26)MusicLover Wrote: Hi guys,

I've been trying to find more tech data regarding my D200 USB input, but failed in the attempt.

I've been experimenting a bit recently. I connected my laptop via USB to my Oppo 105 then coax to the D200 (nice cabling all around), and I must say that, not really expecting much, I was quite impressed by the sound. Nothing extreme in individual parameter's (tonal balance, soundstage, instrument separation...) improvement but an overall sense of ease and engagement not found in my laptop's direct connexion to the D200.

Now, this could very well be the result of the poor USB output of my laptop or that the coax input of the D200 is so much better that its USB. What do you guys think? I know it is difficult to stablish a baseline without further experimentation.

I would essentially like to have an idea as to how an Aurender X100 would perform in my system. Unfortunately I've got no dealer that can lend me one nearby.

ML

Why don't you transfer your hi-res files to a USB thumb drive, stick it into the Oppo 105, and stream directly from the Oppo, thus eliminating your computer and the USB cable?

The Oppo has an app that you can use to control it, or just connect it to your TV and use its remote control.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(01-Feb-2015, 03:38)miro Wrote:
(31-Jan-2015, 14:26)MusicLover Wrote: Hi guys,

ML

Why don't you transfer your hi-res files to a USB thumb drive, stick it into the Oppo 105, and stream directly from the Oppo, thus eliminating your computer and the USB cable?

The Oppo has an app that you can use to control it, or just connect it to your TV and use its remote control.

Hi miro,

I tried your suggested route some time ago and felt at the time it sounded a bit flat in comparison to the laptop. But you are right, it does sound more open now, thank you for the suggestion.

I've recently purchased an Aurender X100, and I must say first impression is excellent, so I guess the USB input of the Devialet is definitely not the worst around Smile

Will post on a separate thread a few more details about it.

Cheers,

ML
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy