Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration
Your speakers go down to 44hz.
One group of experts recommends crossing over at low frequency "limit" + 50%. In your case at around 65-70Hz.
Another group of experts recommends the crossover point being as high as possible as long as you can't locate your subs. It depends on their location and some personal ability to do that - "human average" based on experiments is 80Hz. Your main speakers are quite good at producing base so I don't think it's necessary to go over 80Hz.
I would never connect the subwoofer via high-level connection though, especially not with the Devialet that is so easily programmable.
As for me, I have two ELAC Sub 2090 and use a low-pass filter in the Devialet at 80Hz and also a high-pass filter to the main speakers (which would actually go down to 35Hz).
In my experience, the most important thing with subs is time alignment. There are not many stereo amps that allow you put a delay on the main speakers, which is necessary in most cases. Luckily Devialet does. In my case, I needed about 10ms but that can only be figured out with proper measuring equipment and some understanding of what's going on. Without that, subwoofers will never complement a system to their full potential. I speak from experience...
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration - by zdenes - 16-May-2021, 03:50