Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration
Thanks guys. I really appreciate, as always, the rapid and helpful responses. @Axel, thanks for the diagram of the config; saves me continuing to guess, and stutter and mumble and swear to myself as I get tangled up in wires.

@thumb5 I don't have a particular specimen  in mind. But constraints are size and location. The sub would need to be off to the side of the left speaker, facing across the front plane of the Dalis. That may be too compromised a location, and if so that would be the end of it. But as I said, I'm really looking for a modest extension of the bass, rather than thunder.

Using Canuck Audio Mart, (CAM as it's usually referred to) is a good marketplace for buying and selling used equipment, and that is where I have been looking. Two listings have my initial interest. The first, from Craigslist, is a  PMC sub and the second a custom scanspeak sub from CAM. Both are very local to me, which is a bonus. 

Certainly a fuller range speaker (?) would do the job, but that then puts me back into the big boxes that need storage, both while we are home, and then when we are away. I just wish I could find something that is very compact, not an adolescent thumper and yet more than a toy that comes with computer speakers. 

Finally, I realize that I'd give up SAM, which I really like with the Dali's. I may well be put off this pursuit fairly quickly but I want to be more informed either way. 

Thanks friends.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration - by Damon - 07-Jan-2021, 20:13