Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
Nordost Fry 2 is almost 3000 Euro's for a 400!!!

I really want to try some of the cable magic... but can not get myself over the fact that a 'simple' piece of copper is almost the same investment than a quarter of the complete Devialet...

Can someone tell me if there are High-end audio suppliers who supply power cables in this league with the hardware?
Odin and Valhalla did not do magic in my case - I think the Devialet built-in filter somehow makes power cables less relevant..
(11-Mar-2016, 19:12)Petter Wrote: Another one is Naim power line cable ,they must do something right,its really open up the Devialet

Surprisingly, given that I definitely fall into the power cable sceptic camp I agree that the Naim Powerline sounds better than the standard Devialet cable. I have no idea why? It's a shame their IEC plug is so big and wont fit under the rear cover...
MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.12.3 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana Plus 2.6.6 / A+ Remote / iTunes 12.5.5.5 / AIR 3.0-release-candidate / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM
Cambridge, UK (Updated 3rd March, 2017)
I heard no difference with q8 and Nordost. Friend of mine had brought this stuff and agreed
MANO PICORE - DEVIALET 400 - LINN LP 12 - APERTURA ONIRA -
Yea the friend argument , what did u messure against? And witch nordost cabel are we talking about ? I assume he did test them before buying them ? But dident hear any diffrence ?
IMac with ROON Core/Tidal > Air 3 wired ethernet > Paul Pang Auto grade switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Crem M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cables-Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Vodka ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Ipeng  - Herbie Tenderfoots - Herbie Spike Decoupling Gliders - 
Logitech Transporter - Norost Silver Shadow digi cable -Pro Ject ground base 3 and 4 

I'm a bit lazy and don't want to read back this whole topic. Do you guys think/experienced that the AudioQuest NRG-X3 provides better/different sound than the standard Devialet power cable?
Devialet 200 / Moon 260CD Transport / Sonus Faber Olympica II / Linn LP12 / Vovox Texture Speaker Cables / Audioquest Coffee USB / Audioquest Jitterbug / iMac / Roon / The Netherlands
Once again I thank you all for the education, which improves the sound of my system as I learn and tweak. A pair of Shunyata Z-PC10 Digital power cables do indeed sound noticeably better than the stock power cables in my D400. I wouldn't have believed it until I heard it but now I'm a believer in power cords too and I'm enjoying the even better sound. I was asked for more details and wrote them in my system page (linked from my sig) if you're interested.
Very helpful thread - anyone tried PSaudio ac cables such as the ac5 or ac12?
Roon on Mac mini > MC-3+ USB > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
I have the Graditech cable and like it a lot, if you do like it just send it back... They have a good return policy

Br Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers, JL Audio E112, Audioquest SUB 3 cable
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(16-Apr-2016, 19:59)Morten Wrote: I have the Graditech cable and like it a lot, if you do like it just send it back... They have a good return policy

Br Morten

Hi Morten - 

I noticed you have the mit ac1 cable in your sig - how do you like it? I like Mit cables in general but have never tried the power cables . . 

Thanks!
Roon on Mac mini > MC-3+ USB > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60