Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilford Audio Annual Hifi Event
Anyone on here planning on going? I think I'll get down there on Saturday afternoon.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
GuillaumeBAnyone on here planning on going? I think I'll get down there on Saturday afternoon.

Guillaume

Yes I will be there sometime Saturday.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(15-Apr-2015, 17:15)brit Wrote: GuillaumeBAnyone on here planning on going? I think I'll get down there on Saturday afternoon.

Guillaume

David

Hi David would be good to see you there. I understand they're showing off some Sonus Faber Ex3mas in the evening so I may get there mid afternoon (Saturday that is!).

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Does anyone know what goodies they plan to have on show. Reading back through this thread I note the Sonus Fabers, Wilson Audios, Wadia and the rather splendid D'Agostino. Any other temptations?
(15-Apr-2015, 21:48)Confused Wrote: Does anyone know what goodies they plan to have on show.  Reading back through this thread I note the Sonus Fabers, Wilson Audios, Wadia and the rather splendid D'Agostino.  Any other temptations?

I believe they will have both Air Force 1 & 2 turntables, the Request The Beast digital front end and the Constellation Audio Inspiration amps... I'm not exactly in the market for anything but it's always fun to see what else is out there.

Guillaume

UK
(15-Apr-2015, 17:20)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(15-Apr-2015, 17:15)brit Wrote: GuillaumeBAnyone on here planning on going? I think I'll get down there on Saturday afternoon.

Guillaume

David

Hi David would be good to see you there. I understand they're showing off some Sonus Faber Ex3mas in the evening so I may get there mid afternoon (Saturday that is!).

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Will perhaps aim for mid morning, and stay over lunch time until late afternoon so hopefully will be able to catch up with you and compare notes then.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Hello folks,

I was hoping to be able to visit the show but sadly it doesn't look as though I'll make it after all.  If anyone has a chance to see and/or hear the Ex3mas I'll be (a) very envious and (b) keen to hear what you think of them!

Hope you enjoy the week-end!

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Apr-2015, 20:56)thumb5 Wrote: Hello folks,

I was hoping to be able to visit the show but sadly it doesn't look as though I'll make it after all.  If anyone has a chance to see and/or hear the Ex3mas I'll be (a) very envious and (b) keen to hear what you think of them!

Ian

I'll take some pics for you Ian  Wink

I'll be there from 3pm onwards in case anyone on here wants to say hello, I think Rufus is arriving around the same time  Smile

Guillaume

UK
(18-Apr-2015, 12:05)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Apr-2015, 20:56)thumb5 Wrote: Hello folks,

Ian

I'll take some pics for you Ian  Wink

I'll be there from 3pm onwards in case anyone on here wants to say hello, I think Rufus is arriving around the same time  Smile

Guillaume

I keep missing you guys!  I've just got home after an enjoyable morning at the show.  I didn't think I'd have time this weekend, but my plans changed a little, so managed a couple of hours there this morning.  Enjoy the Alexia's!
Stayed for about 5 hours yesterday! Very enjoyable I must say. Standout for me was the Constellation (both Inspire monoblocs or Centaur stereo) with Wilson Sasha 2s. That was my favourite of the show. The Sabrinas were good with the Constellation monoblocs but struggled a little bit I felt to fill the room like the Sasha 2s do. They seemed a little bit edgy in comparison, a tiny bit 'barky'. Big room though so still an excellent performance from a relatively small speaker. I love the Constellation amps and they work really well with Sashas.

I'd not heard d'Agostino amps before so that was a fine experience. Very delicate and detailed. Quite a thin sound - I kept wondering where all the bass is, particularly driving a pair of Alexias, but I could definitely live with them (if I could in any way afford them!).

A little later on we heard the Extremas with AR G series amplification. It was close to the end of the day so I was a bit tired, but I wasn't super impressed. I'd like to think they're great for the size, but they are actually quite big. I felt a slight disconnected between woofer and tweeter - not quite a seamless transition. We were listening to Nirvana's unplugged live album though which is very contrasty between acoustic bass and everything else so this might well explain it. For the price I think I'd go with Sasha 2s to be honest. The Extremas had a lovely delicacy to them though. Perhaps in a smaller room or closer together?
Briefly heard the SF Liliums with Constellation amps towards the end. A tiny bit disappointed considering the size of these things! The soundstage was noticeably narrow compared with the Sasha 2s. They sure fill the room though.

No Devialets being demonstrated but there were some on display.