Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amarra Symphony with iRC
(12-Feb-2015, 11:05)PhilP Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 10:40)Umetaro Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 10:31)PhilP Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 08:44)Vivialet Wrote: I'm using a Windows PC which is working fine without Amarra. Amarra was created because iTunes is not able to output bit identical data. This is not a problem in a Windows PC using WASAPI.

iTunes can now output bit perfect data so does that make Amarra redundant or does it somehow magically improve the sound i.e. make it better than bit perfect  Huh

I wouldn't say magical improvement but I find there is a noticeable sound improvement with Amarra-Ethernet AIR over iTunes-Ethernet AIR.

Umetaro, that's interesting.  Do up have any ideas why Amarra sounds better than iTunes when both are, at least in theory, feeding the same bit perfect data into AIR? 

EDIT: This isn't a trick question - I just wondered what reason there could be for Amarra sounding better Wink

Thanks.

PhilP - to be honest, I don't know.  But the fact that many audiophiles purchased music players such as Amarra, Audirvana Plus and Pure Music, I presume that they feel the same way as I do, i.e. music players improve the sound.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
(12-Feb-2015, 16:22)Umetaro Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 11:05)PhilP Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 10:40)Umetaro Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 10:31)PhilP Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 08:44)Vivialet Wrote: I'm using a Windows PC which is working fine without Amarra. Amarra was created because iTunes is not able to output bit identical data. This is not a problem in a Windows PC using WASAPI.

iTunes can now output bit perfect data so does that make Amarra redundant or does it somehow magically improve the sound i.e. make it better than bit perfect  Huh

I wouldn't say magical improvement but I find there is a noticeable sound improvement with Amarra-Ethernet AIR over iTunes-Ethernet AIR.

Umetaro, that's interesting.  Do up have any ideas why Amarra sounds better than iTunes when both are, at least in theory, feeding the same bit perfect data into AIR? 

EDIT: This isn't a trick question - I just wondered what reason there could be for Amarra sounding better Wink

Thanks.

PhilP - to be honest, I don't know.  But the fact that many audiophiles purchased music players such as Amarra, Audirvana Plus and Pure Music, I presume that they feel the same way as I do, i.e. music players improve the sound.

I downloaded Amarra a few days ago and am using it to convert Flac to AIFF. As far as I can see you can either play your files through iTunes and leave Amarra off or play them through Amarra. So it should be easy to test the difference. Where Amarra seems to get its sound quality from is optimising your Mac for music playing only. I guess it's all about taking the noise out of the player.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.