Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
(20-Aug-2015, 14:15)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(20-Aug-2015, 13:21)brit Wrote: ….It would totally p**s me off if Devialet introduced a Dialogue 2 for use with Expert range - Not too sure a refund would be forthcoming after this time, if that were to be the case  Angry.

Just to clarify before I make anyone even more upset about their Dialogue's - I was joking there (I thought the smiley was enough to cover it)…. but I can completely see that being the case…

It would be relatively simple (but not trivial) to get two pieces of kit they designed to talk to one and other - not least since one would have to assume they designed them with that in mind - so the reality is they've probably got no-one really looking at it.

Seeing how the Phantom release was a bit of a shambles (unfinished software, buggy firmware, no remote, no stands), I can only imagine all resources are focussed there because let's be honest they need that to succeed, and if they sell them by the shedload and people are unhappy because they don't do what they should, the Expert Line's going to be the least of their worries…. it could finish them off.

If I'd bought one on the basis that they said it would be compatible, I would have been pretty pissed off and sent it back by now and just asked for a refund.  It's clearly not going to happen anytime soon, so I can't see how they could refuse if they have publicly announced it will work by a certain time?

Ah yes, missed the smiley, but  Rolleyes. Yes, I am afraid that it has been inertia on my part that has stopped me returning the Dialogue. Now that the subject has arisen again, along with all the reports about its apparent unreliability, I will e-mail Devialet re returning it for a refund  Dodgy.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
is there any update on this? Have any forum members any more information on when this might be available with the expert line?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Devialet told me this very recently:

Q: What about Expert/Dialog?

A: We initially planned to provide Expert support to Dialog using USB, leaving out the D-Premier which did not offer this interface. However due to limited development resources, this has been postponed. All USB-enabled Expert devices should be compatible with Dialog in the end.

Q: If this happens, and one is using both Expert and Phantom, will one need two Dialogs for this, or just one?

A: One Dialog should do the job, however there might be unforeseen constraints that could make using a single Dialog for both impossible.

Q: And when will Dialog become Expert compatible?

A: We have no official ETA on that matter other than its on the roadmap for 2016. We want to provide more than just audio streaming to our Expert customers through Dialog, and this requires a global effort on the Expert firmware and software development teams.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(18-Sep-2015, 14:02)IanG-UK Wrote: Devialet told me this very recently:

A: We initially planned to provide Expert support to Dialog using USB, leaving out the D-Premier which did not offer this interface. However due to limited development resources, this has been postponed. All USB-enabled Expert devices should be compatible with Dialog in the end.

Q: If this happens, and one is using both Expert and Phantom, will one need two Dialogs for this, or just one?

A: One Dialog should do the job, however there might be unforeseen constraints that could make using a single Dialog for both impossible.

A: We have no official ETA on that matter other than its on the roadmap for 2016. We want to provide more than just audio streaming to our Expert customers through Dialog, and this requires a global effort on the Expert firmware and software development teams.

Good update Ian, thanks for sharing.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Great update Ian thanks, but not really what I wanted to hear I guess.
I cant get away from the fact of feeling let down by Devialet when I bought the 200, but I guess its time to ponder what to do next.
I have sat on the fence as I was hoping that Dialog would be the answer. It still may be , but its a long time to wait.
I know there are other streaming solutions but I was sold AIR and when it works it sublime for me. My system is not exactly high end and I never envisaged spending say another 2 or 3k on a streamer so for me AIR would suffice.

Time to have a rethink.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(18-Sep-2015, 14:23)Womaz Wrote:

Great update Ian thanks, but not really what I wanted to hear I guess.
I cant get away from the fact of feeling let down by Devialet when I bought the 200, but I guess its time to ponder what to do next.
I have sat on the fence as I was hoping that Dialog would be the answer. It still may be , but its a long time to wait.
I know there are other streaming solutions but I was sold AIR and when it works it sublime for me. My system is not exactly high end and I never envisaged spending say another 2 or 3k on a streamer so for me AIR would suffice.

Time to have a rethink.

Yes thanks Ian,

This mirrors what I heard from Devialet last month.

I bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and returned my Dialog for a full refund. Devialet were quite good about it and arranged pick up by UPS. I can not be fussed to wait for something that might happen next year, or sometime in the distant future Huh.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK