Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
I've just canceled my order too.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-Feb-2015, 10:40)PhilP Wrote: I also sent an e-mail asking for more detailed information e.g. whether the hardware for the early Phantom Dialogs and later Expert range Dialogs will be the same.  If they're not then I will cancel my order straight away.

If it will just be a s/w upgrade then I will have to take a view on it.

I can't understand why it should be so difficult to configure a USB port to send a signal to an Expert range amp?

I'll be interested in how Devialet answer this.  Although I would not be surprised if you get the exact same stock answer they sent to Eddye and myself. 
Just attended a devialet event in Hong Kong, hosted by Andy head of apac. Am unhappy to report to confirm dialog wont work with the expert line till later this year (likely around Munich show). Will probably enable dialog for the expert line with the new firmware update. The new firmware update will have dsd native. Dialog will work with the expert line via USB. As for the expert line development plans, he mentioned the firm is working on a number of things. Hardware (model) life cycle to them is around 3-4 years so implies the expert line is half way through.
I guess for UK customers this means that the Dialog for Expert Line probably won't be available until after the 6 month exclusive sales period for Harrods has passed so it should be available through our regular dealers. This may well be a good thing as we will be able to play and listen in a 'friendly' dealer environment or maybe even have a home demo before buying.

The downside is that the price of the Dialog is higher in £ than in €.

EDIT: I've just cancelled my order as well but haven't received a response to my earlier e-mail.

EDIT: I must add that they handled the cancellation in a very efficient and friendly manner. Oceane is an excellent person to have in a support team. Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hmmm,i will wait with my order,until its proven and works well, reported on this Forum Smile

Not sure i have trust that they will deliver any device that will work from start and in promised time
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(13-Feb-2015, 15:41)Petter Wrote: Hmmm,i will wait with my order,until its proven and works well, reported on this Forum Smile

My guess is that it should meet those criteria just in time for it to be a nice Christmas present Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I've just sent an email to cancel mine too.

I know things can be difficult but they could at least communicate about these things.
Pardon my ignorance, but where could I find description what Dialog would bring to amps when in use?
What are these features?
(13-Feb-2015, 20:28)mirekti Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but where could I find description what Dialog would bring to amps when in use?
What are these features?

Without trying to dissmiss you, but have you read the info on the Devialet site? That all that anyone really knows.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(13-Feb-2015, 20:50)Eddye Wrote:
(13-Feb-2015, 20:28)mirekti Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but where could I find description what Dialog would bring to amps when in use?
What are these features?

Without trying to dissmiss you, but have you read the info on the Devialet site? That all that anyone really knows.

No worries, I don't want to hijack this topic, and will try to find out more details.
I did read it, but not sure of benefits against the built in WiFi in the amp. I'll wait for someone to receive it, and read some review online once it is posted.

Cheers!!!