Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
I was thinking of getting a simaudio moon mind 180 to stream to the 250 as AIR isnt working....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

It is really unacceptable from Devialet to initially state that Dialog will work with Expert line via USB and then all of a sudden put a line on their website staying that this will happen only by mid 2015. Until when they will keep taking us for granted?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Yesterday I wanted to order a Dialog after heaving received 2 separate invitation codes. But after questioning them why I can not get them in the US:
"At the moment we can only ship in EU. However we should distribute our new products in US around this summer;
We will of course keep you and our public informed."
But after reading that I can not use the Dialog with my D250 anyhow I am happy not to have to ask for a refund. Maybe a lot of invitation codes will not be fulfilled and it will be interesting to see how happy early Phantom customers will be. Devialet seems to change their story frequently so I am somewhat afraid that they have problems with Dialog/Spark wireless technology similar to AIR. When I had my D-premier AIR was working up to 96/24 but after "upgrade" I gave up on AIR. So Dialog does not come to the rescue for now and will it in the future?
Furthermore, the new swish remote has disappeared from their webite.

Maybe it was just a concept.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
This remains me on some topics in Leica camera forum.
I understand this is not acceptable by many, but at least this company is not like Sony which instead of new firmware releases a new camera. Imagine this happening here.
I truly believe once all the hype about Phantom settles they will make everyone happy.
It's only few months after all. Until then enjoy what you have at the moment.
(14-Feb-2015, 04:24)mirekti Wrote: This remains me on some topics in Leica camera forum.
I understand this is not acceptable by many, but at least this company is not like Sony which instead of new firmware releases a new camera. Imagine this happening here.
I truly believe once all the hype about Phantom settles they will make everyone happy.
It's only few months after all. Until then enjoy what you have at the moment.

Well in a way it was happening. Instead of trying to solve Air issues Devialet at certain point took the position of trying to sell Dialog / Spark as an alternative.

Although this is not the case now with the recent announcement that it will only be ready for expert line by summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
One of the 2 invitation codes got starts with: "Dear Friend,
You were among the firsts to discover and enjoy the perfection of the Devialet sound. Please know that we are really grateful for that." That was on the 12th.
But on Friday the 13th everything got reversed by Devialet!
It looks that they are somewhat in a disarray. I fear that "PHANTOM implosive sound center" leads to an implosion of Devialet.
Surely this is a standard USB audio implementation anyway isn't it? I'm struggling to see why the Dialog won't work with an Expert, unless they're using a modified standard somehow, perhaps with extra messaging between Expert & Dialog. But couldn't it still fallback to standard USB Audio?
(14-Feb-2015, 11:23)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Surely this is a standard USB audio implementation anyway isn't it? I'm struggling to see why the Dialog won't work with an Expert, unless they're using a modified standard somehow, perhaps with extra messaging between Expert & Dialog. But couldn't it still fallback to standard USB Audio?

Maybe it is to do with the integration of the SPARK software, after all wouldn't this be the "engine" that drove Dialog, and allowed it to integrate with the rest of the system? Not speaking with any real knowledge - only surmising, but any real reference to both Dialog, and SPARK, seems to have disappeared from the website, or am I missing something? Sad

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(13-Feb-2015, 14:25)warpeon Wrote: Just attended a devialet event in Hong Kong, hosted by Andy head of apac. Am unhappy to report to confirm dialog wont work with the expert line till later this year (likely around Munich show). Will probably enable dialog for the expert line with the new firmware update. The new firmware update will have dsd native. Dialog will work with the expert line via USB. As for the expert line development plans, he mentioned the firm is working on a number of things. Hardware (model) life cycle to them is around 3-4 years so implies the expert line is half way through.

Hi!

Did you have a chance to listen to the Phantom??

jockEwing
jockEwing