Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget balance between speakers and 120/200: WAF inside...
The nice thing about Devialet is that the sound is neutral. As such it matches well with a large number of speakers. So you have a lot of choice.

Nonetheless, your room and sound preference should be the two driving factors behind your decision. Everyone here can give you advice of what they like according to their ears and according to their room acoustics. But in the end you owe it to yourself to demo speakers. We can only give you some pointers...

Personally my preference would go to Dynaudio as well. The Special 40 combined with a 220 does sound very nice in most rooms. A step up would be to chose for the Contour 20 (and again you need at least 220 to bring it to live).

Good luck and let us know your choice!
I have dynaudio C1 signature With dev 220 Pro and i have noo ploblems too bring Them to live .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(22-Nov-2017, 22:47)Finn Wrote: I have dynaudio C1 signature With dev 220 Pro and i have noo ploblems too bring Them to live .

Indeed. But anything lower than 220 Pro and you will have problems bringing them alive. And that was the point I wanted to make.

In fact, from my own experience I know that a Devialet 130 Pro is too low-end for the special 40 and as such anything higher up in the range from Dynaudio. The bass is very ill defined in the sense that it lacks detail. This detail is there when you use a 220 for the Special 40 or Contour 20.

Thanks for allowing me to clarify.