Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget balance between speakers and 120/200: WAF inside...
(16-Feb-2015, 19:00)Music or sound Wrote: Loudspeakers have more influence on the sound quality than any other part of the system and also they determine the interaction with your room. So it is more important to find the right loudspeakers for your listening environment and than decide which amp version you want to buy.

+1 on that.
I'm also on the same page.

But as I'm new with these digital amps, and the way they annouce the output power I'm a litle confused... by the way what is the D120 output powers into 8/4 ohms ?

I just would like to be sure to drive the speakers as they deserve it.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
I tried dynaudio focus 160s with a D200 and liked the sound better without SAM. With those speakers the bass was over the top when SAM was engaged. On the other hand, SAM worked wonders with PMC Fact 8s. I'm a big dynaudio fan, but I think the PMC speakers are a better match with Devialet. And many of the PMC speakers are SAM ready.
Aurender, Devialet D400, PMC Fact 12 Speakers, Nordost Cables 
Hi jaxwired,
What was the size of your listening room ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
For the moment I would go for D200 / GT1s, will be auditioning soon the 805ds to see if it makes me reconsidering my budget Wink
It's not possible for me but I'm curious to know how the SF Venere 1.5 sounds with the D200....

- FR -
Well.... how can I say... I've lost the 'balance' !
Why ?
Just because I've had the pleasure to listened the D200 with the 805Ds, and I really love this combo.
For sure I'm over the initial budget, but I'm prepared to wait for a couple of weeks to be ready.
Listening to the 805Ds was a real pleasure, feeling emotion where with the GT1s it was just great. I didn't spent a lot of time to compare, I just switched to the 805Ds for the pleasure because in my head the choice was made.
My advice, be sure to not listen to combo out of your budget because it may be frustrating Wink

- FR -
friends, what about 160 Dynaudio with Devialet 400 ? My listening room is about to be smaller (from 50 m2 to 20)
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Have a try with Gauder Akustik Arcona 80. have heard it with 200/220. Dream team, Sounds natural with much live character.
I agree that the Gauder and the Devialet are a perfect match. Some of the most realistic sound I've heard.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(12-Nov-2017, 17:29)jfp Wrote: friends, what about 160 Dynaudio with Devialet 400 ? My listening room is about to be smaller (from 50 m2 to 20)

The Focus 160 is discontinued now.

The Dynaudio Special 40 + Devialet is supposed to be a good combination, well reviewed by Darko:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/0...ial-forty/