Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonus Faber Cremona M and D120 or D200
Hi,

I listened D120 with Sonus Faber Olimpica III and I liked it very much.

However I have Sonus Faber Cremona M (Floor standers) at home. Does any one use D120 with Cremona M Floor Standers? Any issues in driving them? Or do I need D200?

PS: I only use digital source.

Thank you.
If you purely look at the specs, the Cremona's sensitivity is 88dB and the Olympica II are 90dB. Then again my 805d's are 88dB and a 120 didn't have any problems driving those. However, the Cremona is different in lot's of other ways. I didn't much care for the Venere 3.0 with D110, for example. Best to ask your dealer if he's willing to demonstrate the D120 and D200 at your own home.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I did a home demo with a D120 on my Sonus Faber Cremona M (floor standing). The transparency was much better than my previous system, however it seemed to lack a bit of punch. I subsequently got the D200, and I've never heard my speakers sound better. Very detailed even at low volumes. I found the D120 lacking in that aspect. I would suggest a home demo of both, if that's at all possible.
Devialet 220PRO CI, Sonus Faber Cremona M FS, Innuos ZenMini MKIII, Aurender A10, Nordost Heimdall 2 Power (A10), Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Speaker Cable, Audioquest Carbon USB X2, Audioquest Red River Analog & Digital RCAs, Project Audio Carbon Debut, IsoAcoustics GAIAII OPPO203,
Abu Dhabi, UAE
(14-Feb-2015, 15:54)Avi78 Wrote: I did a home demo with a D120 on my Sonus Faber Cremona M (floor standing). The transparency was much better than my previous system, however it seemed to lack a bit of punch. I subsequently got the D200, and I've never heard my speakers sound better. Very detailed even at low volumes. I found the D120 lacking in that aspect. I would suggest a home demo of both, if that's at all possible.

Thank you for your message....What was your previous system?
(16-Feb-2015, 17:50)cansen Wrote:
(14-Feb-2015, 15:54)Avi78 Wrote: I did a home demo with a D120 on my Sonus Faber Cremona M (floor standing). The transparency was much better than my previous system, however it seemed to lack a bit of punch. I subsequently got the D200, and I've never heard my speakers sound better. Very detailed even at low volumes. I found the D120 lacking in that aspect. I would suggest a home demo of both, if that's at all possible.

Thank you for your message....What was your previous system?

It was a Naim Superuniti & a NAP250
Devialet 220PRO CI, Sonus Faber Cremona M FS, Innuos ZenMini MKIII, Aurender A10, Nordost Heimdall 2 Power (A10), Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Speaker Cable, Audioquest Carbon USB X2, Audioquest Red River Analog & Digital RCAs, Project Audio Carbon Debut, IsoAcoustics GAIAII OPPO203,
Abu Dhabi, UAE
I'm quite happy with my floorstanding Cremona M's
I first home demo'ed a D200, but ended up with the D120 as i actually think it's more musical and bespite the lower output power it's more dynamic at the levels i play at  Rolleyes

The D120 replaced a ML 383

Jan N
Denmark
Le 220 Pro - Auralic Aries Mini - Audio Linear with Pickering XV-15/625 Heart - Sonus Faber Cremona M - Nordost Heimdall IC & SC
(16-Feb-2015, 22:17)Nygaardinc Wrote: I'm quite happy with my floorstanding Cremona M's
I first home demo'ed a D200, but ended up with the D120 as i actually think it's more musical and bespite the lower output power it's more dynamic at the levels i play at  Rolleyes

The D120 replaced a ML 383

Jan N
Denmark

What is the effect of SAM on D120 and Cremona M's?
I have a D-Premier drives Cremona M and I felt that I could use with some extra power, thinking of 400 or 800 at later stage but I may just change the speaker when I go for the 800.