Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does this work????
When I leave my devialet d400 on and leave for 10 or 20 minutes, when I return, the unit is still on but seems to be in sleep mode.  What I don't understand is how do I wake up the system. I end up having to press the on button several times with small waits between each press and it eventually wakes up but it's not consistent in its behavior.  Is there a simple single button click that will wake it up?   What am I not understanding about how this works?   Help is MUCH appreciated as this is really annoying.  
(15-Feb-2015, 18:57)Jaxwired Wrote: When I leave my devialet d400 on and leave for 10 or 20 minutes, when I return, the unit is still on but seems to be in sleep mode.  What I don't understand is how do I wake up the system. I end up having to press the on button several times with small waits between each press and it eventually wakes up but it's not consistent in its behavior.  Is there a simple single button click that will wake it up?   What am I not understanding about how this works?   Help is MUCH appreciated as this is really annoying.  

Hi Jaxwired,

I have  the same with my D400, but I mainly control it with the iPad/iPhone app, and when it goes into "sleep" mode, a "touch" on the Devialet logo in the centre of the Remote Control app wakes it up quit happily!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem as I prefer to use the physical devialet remote.
Jaxwired,

It is not clear to me if you are leaving it with or without music playing. Assuming that there is no music playing, doesn't a single press of the top button on the remote wake it up? It does take 10 or 15 seconds, I believe. If there is music playing and it stops after 10 or 20 minutes, that would suggest some sleep setting somewhere in the system.

Are you streaming from a computer whose hard drive is set to sleep after 10 minutes? Or possibly there is a setting where network access, such as streaming, would keep the computer from sleeping. Just my initial thoughts.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I'm talking about when I leave my system on, but no music is playing. And, for reference, all my music is coming into the devialet via USB. When I come back, I can assure you that a single press of the top remote button (power button) is not sufficient to get music playing again. Typically I press that button once and the Devialet logo appears, but then the screen dims again likes its back in sleep mode. Then I wait a couple of seconds press the button again and I get the logo again but this time it displays the other startup stuff on the screen and is then ready to play music. But since I cannot see the screen from my seated position I often have to end up leaving my chair with remote in hand to play with this startup button until I can tell it's ready. It's not good.
Aurender, Devialet D400, PMC Fact 12 Speakers, Nordost Cables 
Are you running up to date firmware Jaxwired? I had issues in the early days with my D200 not being able to turn it off without it coming straight on again, and I think issues like you describe. It seems to have got a lot better in the last year or so with firmware updates. Either that or I'm pressing the button for the right duration where I wasn't before! It does seem to have a life of its own sometimes.
Maybe, just maybe, what's happening is that the remote is actually on some kind of "limit" as to distance or strength of signal to the Dev. Try getting closer and tapping the power button once: does it wake up faster?

Hope it helps, ATB!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Go to the configurator. Advanced settings. Open general settings from there. Then Power settings. You can delay the time it takes to go to sleep after the music stops or disable it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi,

Do you have your system on sleep mode off? I have (24/7 on) and it just takes a wick of the volume to get it back. It sounds to me that you have the same so when you 'restart' you actually put the unit to sleep. Just my 5 cents.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK