Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom user manual online
(18-Feb-2015, 13:14)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 13:04)Eddye Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 12:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 07:23)Eddye Wrote:
(17-Feb-2015, 23:35)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm not even on a rig...that's the speed I get in Brisbane on wireless internet. (4G) I will watch the video when I get home. I still prefer the slow internet to the cold weather in Holland though Wink   
I'm staying!

What cold? it's nearly 8c during the day. It's not the East-coast US here Wink only a little bit of ice on my car windows this morning.

Ice? That's the stuff I put in my Baileys. Other than that I don't get to see it much Wink

I'm not jealous.. I'm NOT jealous.... I'M NOT jealous... I'M NOT JEALOUS... Honestly Confused

I'll try to make you feel better... Internet is still living in the dark ages and the country voted in the politicians that were against optical fibre to the home.
No word of Tidal coming any time soon.
The better high end audio shops are in Sydney and Melbourne (850 and 1750 km away)
Our village floods every few years (but then we just take the kayak to the pub and wait for the water to subside. It's actually a good fun social event)
To be honest, it's not better. Just different.

To be really honest, I think living in The Netherlands is as close to the top as can be. Despite being somewhat jealous of the weather, I really couldn't think of any other country I'd rather live in. I feel incredibly lucky to be born on this rich first-world country.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(18-Feb-2015, 13:07)Antoine Wrote:
(17-Feb-2015, 02:39)Charlemagne Wrote: See: 

http://www.devialet.com/assets/pdf/Phant...manual.PDF

I myself am not a native English speaker as well but it's really incredible how many typing and translation errors they've managed to produce in such a short manual.

sommaire
many Phantom
heat bass?
medium (woofer)
subtil
download on
etc. etc.

It looks like a manual that goes with a cheap Chinese product. Low quality and rushed, I'm sure they wouldn't want to give the impression Phantom is built to those low standards.

And of course the spelling on this forum is fantastic !!!! and I am sure that English is not their first language.

I am pretty sure the French have no love for the English language anyway (no offence intended to anyone of a PC nature)
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
??? We, on this forum, are not selling $$$ products but it's Devialet's core business...

Who cares if they have any "love" for the English language, they're offering a manual in English so they should do it right. If they can't they should just send the French documents to a translator who will translate them to English for a few lousy euro's.

It's just -another- example of how Devialet is not in control these days.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I believe that about 45% of the English language originates from French anyway, thanks mainly to the Normans and Plantagenets etc. So the Devialet folk must like English a little bit at least.

For what it's worth, I can spot a few errors in the manual, but I don't think its too bad overall.
I am pretty fluent in French (speaking not writing...) after working there for 4 years. English and French have many common Latin roots, having done Latin 'O' level was handy.
At the beginning I found that saying the English word with a French pronunciation was surprisingly frequently correct.
The one which amused me most is "different"
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire