Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's competitors
Sorry about the confusion. I was commenting on the NuPrime integrated. Edited my post.

(17-Feb-2015, 22:59)mirekti Wrote:
(17-Feb-2015, 22:54)Jayr Wrote: It looks pretty cool, has DSD capability, and has a visible display.

I actually like the way Devialet made the display. The SPDIF 2 looks so 80' with this LED approach.
--- JayR

Acer Aspire / Sony SCD-777ES -- Devialet D-200 -- Audio Physic Virgo 25
(17-Feb-2015, 23:00)PhilP Wrote: The spec for the Wadia looks pretty good - quite similar in many ways to a D200 and err.. admittedly better in some respects at least on paper but, of course, it doesn't have SAM or AIR.

It's a Class D power amp not hybrid like Devialet so it probably won't sound as good Wink

£6995 in the UK.

EDIT: the Soundstage review is pretty positive but they say it offers very strong but not standard setting performance - so def. not as good as Devialet then Wink

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/...lifier-dac

This is the reason I have D400 Wink Wink Wink
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

And for only $48,000.- you can get Dan D'Agostinos version of a one box solution

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-2015-da...-streaming

I have to say, if it wasn't for the power supply underneath it would kill Devialet in the looks department.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Feb-2015, 23:41)Pim van Vliet Wrote: And for only $48,000.- you can get Dan D'Agostinos version of a one box solution

I have to say, if it wasn't for the power supply underneath it would kill Devialet in the looks department.

Bling!  Although, I think the nice screen next to the retro green dial fuel filler thing is, urrrrm, a little odd perhaps.

D800 + a top notch streamer money too.
Has anyone actually heard the Wadia? I understand they've made improvements to it since it came out originally. I think it might still be cursed with non standard speaker terminals though? (I might be hallucinating on that one).
I always assumed the main competitor was the Lyngdorf. The price is roughly the same -- it's a bit cheaper. It has very impressive room correction and a digital crossover. I owned a Tact Millennium, which was made by Lyngdorf, and it sounded very good.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(17-Feb-2015, 23:41)Pim van Vliet Wrote: And for only $48,000.- you can get Dan D'Agostinos version of a one box solution

Very slim and elegant Big Grin .
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(17-Feb-2015, 23:41)Pim van Vliet Wrote: And for only $48,000.- you can get Dan D'Agostinos version of a one box solution

Yes very subtle and understated in a way only the Americans can manage !!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(18-Feb-2015, 10:51)NickB Wrote:

Yes very subtle and understated in a way only the Americans can manage !!!

The steampunk/luxury watch look clearly isn't for everyone and I'm not sure what I make of the Mlife screen instead of the tone controls... having said that I've seen these amps quite a few times and I do think they look pretty good in the flesh. 

I've also heard the DAG pre and monoblock combo connected to some Wilson Alexias and it did sound rather special, with something very delicate and understated about its presentation... was the top end a little "softer" than the Devialet? Perhaps a tad warmer? I'm not sure but that's what I seem to remember. 

By the way I think Guildford Audio are hoping to have the Mlife at their show in April so those that are interested we can all go and have a look at it there. That's the Mlife not the Milf!  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Feb-2015, 00:17)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Has anyone actually heard the Wadia? I understand they've made improvements to it since it came out originally. I think it might still be cursed with non standard speaker terminals though? (I might be hallucinating on that one).

Yes I have! I auditioned the Wadia Intuition 01 back to back with the 170 and 240, back in August 2013.

In short I didn't like it at all. It sounded really harsh and abrasive to the point that after 10 mins or so we disconnected it. A complete disappointment. Also one of the rubber legs dropped off whilst it was being packed or unpacked.

I was surprised by this since since I'd read a few positive reports on other forums. I understand that the unit has since had a recall so it's quite possible that it sounds much better now.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK