Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally my D120 to arrive this Friday - Looking for Links to read for Set up
I might have already read somewhere (this forum) links were posted but cant find them now. (will continue to search)

Can anyone please help share any pdf links for setup new Devialet, BKMs (Best Known Methods), AIR installations, any other useful information set up etc

Have (a) Aiport Express (will set next to D120), (b) NAS wired to this Aiport Device, © D120 will be wired to Airport Express

Thanks in advance,
/Jnan
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Jnan - one of the more important bits of installation in certain locations seems to be to get a wifi channel which is least used.

I use two applications for this - inSSIDer and iStumbler - one is free - easy to use - both do pretty much the same thing.

You may have done that already I guess.

Ian
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Ing - I have not done the above. inSSIDer or iStumbler - why do i need them?

just got hit of this ... going through these. https://help.devialet.com/home

btw i have stable wifi network (optic, very high BW, get around ~7-8MBPS) but looks like i need to take care of something else ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ing - got it thanks ...
This tells you more but it sounds like your wifi network is robust anyway.

https://help.devialet.com/entries/234218...-to-stream
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(17-Feb-2015, 18:12)IanG-UK Wrote: This tells you more but it sounds like your wifi network is robust anyway.

was bit nervous regarding setup. want to do right hence asking many queries , learn as much before the d120 arrives Smile . here is my current setup (in place of Devialet 120 i currently have another amp with optic cable feeding)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Jnan_devi,

My set up is simpler than yours, but I found the installation fairly easy. I unboxed things, and hooked up the speaker cables, and connected the optical cable from my Airport Express to the Optical 1 input (beside the SD card slot). Once powered up, I used the Remote app on my iPhone to find the shared iTunes library on my iMac. It is important that the music library is available for sharing, and the output has to be set to airplay. This is something you probably know. We have Rdio for streaming and that also needs to have airplay selected; otherwise the sound goes out the speakers on your phone or pad.

The music worked effortlessly, and we've had perfect performance since minute one. I also downloaded the Devialet app for my iPhone, and installed the Devialet application on my mac; that is on one of the configurator pages, along with the firmware updates.

I have the Dev connected to my router by ethernet, but I don't know if that is necessary. I also updated the firmware, and using the configurator, activated the WiFi and ethernet ports on the Dev.

So far my wife and I are both over the moon with the sound; and compared to UPnP, this is a dream. I don't think I'm streaming my music over the AIR app, but with your Airport Express I don't think you will need to either.

I am curious about why you have two AP Expresses; your drawing show two ethernet cables to an APEx, but they only have one ethernet jack.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Damon,

thanks for sharing. My current set up is AE to Int-Amp (existing) by Optic cable, same as you explained in first para. All files are stored on NAS, so on Itunes (my preference -> advanced settings -> un-check copy files) add library to Itunes -> Airplay. you are right this is easy and I plan to do this quickly to get over the excitement. However i do have NAS connected to the AE2. Some where in Devialet (Help) site it said this is not a optimum way to do optic, would prefer Digital input, not sure why because Optical is digital and its BW goes beyond 25G. Anyways....

Regarding set up of AE :
you are right, AE2 has only one ethernet, reserved for D120 ( Smile ). However the other one (marked O) is for NAS connection.

My AE1 is connected to the main modem supplied by the Internet provider. AE1 and AE2 wifi-each-other to extend internet.

Regarding activation of wifi on the Devialet - the help/sites suggest to re-setup the AE, disconnect internet, rename etc and then connect to internet etc. not sure why they suggested that - i m reading the documentation. little nervous on these things want to do right. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, encouraging enough now.

Else where for USB under Streaming - USB config i copied from Help/site, suggests one could also connect USB of the NAS to the Devialet directly and eliminate the computer in between for USB streaming. and use any app on phone/mac to play the files. not sure which app it is suggesting, AIR + Itunes or third party (sent email to Devialet).
its Streaming -> NAS Config -> copied from help/site, on USB from NAS to D120.