Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody get a delivery today?
Good. To hear. I ordered a Dialog from Colette on Sunday night and it arrived in San Francisco today. Unfortunately it's useless with the 200 until Devialet update the software.
(05-Mar-2015, 00:44)streamy Wrote: Lot more to do, but mainly enjoy the solid sound at an unpreceded form factor. I could not observe, what other heard, that the lows and ultra-lows are blown up. The are extremely clean precise and dry.

Isit possible these Phantoms will sound better than Devialet expect line of amps D200 / 400 / 800 - with any given speaker?
(06-Mar-2015, 13:58)gtiboy Wrote:
(05-Mar-2015, 00:44)streamy Wrote: Lot more to do, but mainly enjoy the solid sound at an unpreceded form factor. I could not observe, what other heard, that the lows and ultra-lows are blown up. The are extremely clean precise and dry.

Isit possible these Phantoms will sound better than Devialet expect line of amps D200 / 400 / 800 - with any given speaker?

No !!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

Sorry, but as it stands that's an un-answerable question.  What speaker do you have in mind, or do you mean any possible speaker?  And what do you mean by "better" -- it's a matter of personal taste.

Or, as NickB put it more succinctly: no.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Technically they have the potential to have lower distortion and a wider frequency range than most other speakers, but even the Silver Phantom can only raise 105dB at 1 metre which is nowhere near what I get with either of my big pair of speakers.
On top of that most speakers have audible colourations and people may well have made their choice based on colourations they like, rather than accuracy, so a more linear, lower distortion solution may not find favour with such a buyer.

Mine should come soon, and I will give my impressions of the sound, but the most likely limitation for me personally is their being orientated towards streaming, which is not my favoured way of listening to music.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(06-Mar-2015, 14:47)thumb5 Wrote:

Sorry, but as it stands that's an un-answerable question.  What speaker do you have in mind, or do you mean any possible speaker?  And what do you mean by "better" -- it's a matter of personal taste.

Or, as NickB put it more succinctly: no.

Sorry didn't realise an explanation was wanted (or required)
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Just got an email from Devialet: they are now sending my Dialog via UPS, complete with T&T-code. So I now can expect it to arrive in a couple of days. To put it in the cupboard for quite a while untill they have activated the USB connection to my Devialet 250.   Undecided
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Well, my Dialog just arrived, ten weeks after ordering it. I will perform some tests, but I know that will be in vain. No Phantom, just 'Expert Line', you know... :-( 

So I've got myself a 'Dialog that refuses to talk'
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(10-Mar-2015, 10:52)Charlemagne Wrote: Well, my Dialog just arrived, ten weeks after ordering it. I will perform some tests, but I know that will be in vain. No Phantom, just 'Expert Line', you know... :-( 

So I've got myself a 'Dialog that refuses to talk'

Ho hum, the door stop syndrome - I feel that you may spend a lot of time talking to yourself  Big Grin.

Mine is still showing 15 April - at least that is a little closer to Munich, when we hope (very big hope), that something may be announced re the Dialog/expert integration software Rolleyes!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Just had an Email and my Dialogue which was quoted for delivery on 15th April was despatched today by UPS and is in transit !!!!