Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advices for a first time Devialet owner
Hi all,

This is my first post. I have just ordered my new toy - Devialet 200 which I will get in a week time. I will pair it with Sonus Faber Liuto.
I was running same speakers with Audio Research VSI60 tube int amp and Audiolab 8200cd player & DAC. Both gone now Smile
I will go completely into digital music which is stored at a NAS. I have been using a Logitech Squeezebox Touch to stream, I hv a spare computer to run LMS.

So, my setup will be Luito + 200 + Touch and music stored in NAS.

1-) I would like to hear from you - how does above sound to you?
2-) Overall, what are the things to know abt Devialet to set it up properly.

I very much hope I did not make a wrong choice ordering this product.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(19-Feb-2015, 18:38)archer75 Wrote: Hi all,

This is my first post. I have just ordered my new toy - Devialet 200 which I will get in a week time. I will pair it with Sonus Faber Liuto.
I was running same speakers with Audio Research VSI60 tube int amp and Audiolab 8200cd player & DAC. Both gone now Smile
I will go completely into digital music which is stored at a NAS. I have been using a Logitech Squeezebox Touch to stream, I hv a spare computer to run LMS.

Cheers.

Welcome.
Your system sounds like it will be fantastic to me.
Don't worry about anything, as long as the squeezebox and NAS work together it will sound great.
Others on this forum have been pleased with the results from much more expensive streamers but I am very content with SQ with more modest streaming source (iMac + AIR) OTOH I mainly listen to CDs and LPs.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

F1eng thanks for your reply.
I was intending to have a DAC investment but then I decided to go for a Devialet system by sell,ng my amp and adding my budget for DAC on top.
How does Dev DAC sound against a usd 3000 range external DAC, any idea?

(19-Feb-2015, 19:07)archer75 Wrote: F1eng thanks for your reply.
I was intending to have a DAC investment but then I decided to go for a Devialet system by sell,ng my amp and adding my budget for DAC on top.

The Devialet is always going to convert the analogue from an external DAC back to digital internally anyway, so I say just feed it digital in the first place.

Based on my evaluation of the D-Premier I believe the Devialet combination to be transparent, DAC included Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Cheers.

The Touch is very nice to use with a Devialet amp. I still believe LMS is one of the best music organisers and iPeng or Orange Squeeze as remote is simply brilliant. Take a look at http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Squeezebo...o-Devialet in the Classroom section of this forum for information on how to get the best out of Touch+Devialet
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Ogs, thanks. It is good to know there are happy users of SBT with Devialet.

(19-Feb-2015, 20:06)Dr Tone Wrote:

The Devialet is always going to convert the analogue from an external DAC back to digital internally anyway, so I say just feed it digital in the first place.

Thanks

(19-Feb-2015, 20:31)ogs Wrote:

Cheers.

The Touch is very nice to use with a Devialet amp. I still believe LMS is one of the best music organisers and iPeng or Orange Squeeze as remote is simply brilliant. Take a look at http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Squeezebo...o-Devialet in the Classroom section of this forum for information on how to get the best out of Touch+Devialet

How AIR will fit in to the picture? Do I need to use it or it does the same as SBT?

Another happy SBT and Devialet user here. As others have pointed out, combination of LMS and iPeng is still the best streaming audio experience, IMHO. If you haven't already done so, try a decent linear power supply with your SBT and disable all logging on the SBT. Not sure these make a difference, but they satisfy my tweakerosity .... Having said this, I'm hoping Dialog / Spark is even better!
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT