Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advices for a first time Devialet owner
(21-Feb-2015, 10:16)Atomjohan Wrote:
(21-Feb-2015, 07:35)archer75 Wrote:
(21-Feb-2015, 06:05)Atomjohan Wrote: Another SBT user here. Mine is modded by Bolder Cable (digital mod) and I´m also using BOTW PS and TT 3.0, with a AQ Eagle eye to the Devialet.
I´ve tried other solutions but I must say that the SBT is still going strong, both soundwise but in particular the ease of use. I´m using Ipeng with WIMP plugin and  I´ve had very very little problems with this solution comparing to other ones.
And as a transporter I must say: a very good bang for the buck!

I´m waiting for the Dialog to see what it has to offer compared the the SBT.

I am glad to see many SBT users here. I have some questions;

1- I have just downloaded Ipeng, trying to understand how to use it. Can I run Ipeng without using a computer to run LMS - my music is stored at a NAS which unfortunately can not run LMS itself so I need to use a computer for solely the purpose of running LMS?

2- Do I need to install both EDO and TT 3.0 or just one? I read somewhere that having both may create some conflicts.

3- I see you are using a digital cable therefore you don't have EDO either - which one is a best connection for SBT? If not EDO, I believe it is COAX.

4- What is WIMP plugin for?

1: To my knowledge you need a computer to run Ipeng through LMS. Without computer I think you only can access my squeezebox.com (to access radio etc) and a external hard drive. This thread might be of interest to you: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?82070-Touch-with-USB-drive-mastering-TinySB&highlight=mastering+tiny+sc

2: I have installed both. Though I only use TT 3.0 since I feed the Devialet trough S/PDIF . I haven´t had any complications between, though I have heard about it.

3: I have tried with a standard USB-cable and EDO but found my AQ Eagle eye (coax) slight better. Can´t say with a more expensive USB-cable. I Think this is individual and you need to listen for yourself.

4: WIMP is like Spotify but with uncompressed music (flac). The plugin allows you to control it trough Ipeng.

Hope this clears some questions for you!

Regards Johan

Dear Johan,

All clear, thanks.
(20-Feb-2015, 16:16)archer75 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 12:53)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 10:52)I archer75 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 09:53)iamwappie Wrote: I agree. I also have the BOTW power supply and is makes a good difference.

iamwappie & ZincAlloy,

Thanks, I will follow your recommendation hence I am placing an order for power supply and booster.

What about USB cable? Any recommendation on this?

Brgds.
Funny enough, just looking at USB cables myself.  

Was going to hold off until I got my Dialog, but that looks some months away.  In the interim, I'm going to try the SBT mod posted on this forum, which allows the SBT to output 192/24 via its USB socket. So, long story short - no, but have a look at separate USB cable thread on the forum (Tweakers Corner) - I've just ordered the Chord Silver Plus today, it's only about £50 so worth a punt. 

Let us know how you get on. 

ATB, Ken

Ken,

for 192/24 output via USB, you are talking about Enhanced Digital Output (EDO) installation, right?

enjoy your cable and pls let me know how the performance is.
Yes, EDO provides the 192/24 capability, but there's another mod needed to get the USB port on the SBT to act as an output.  Will try this later today and, when I get my cable, report back. 
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(21-Feb-2015, 11:35)ZincAlloy Wrote: Yes, EDO provides the 192/24 capability, but there's another mod needed to get the USB port on the SBT to act as an output.  Will try this later today and, when I get my cable, report back. 

Yes, pls do so. I was under the impression of EDO is the only thing to do. What is the other modifiication required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To all SBT owners,

I was under the impression of that I must use USB output to play 24/192 after installing EDO but now I realized that I can use digital output as well. In this respect, my question is to all, whether you use USB connectıon or coaxial to connect Touch to Devialet?

(21-Feb-2015, 19:47)archer75 Wrote: To all SBT owners,

I was under the impression of that I must use USB output to play 24/192 after installing EDO but now I realized that I can use digital output as well. In this respect, my question is to all, whether you use USB connectıon or coaxial to connect Touch to Devialet?

I did use the SPDIF coax output on my Touch for a long time. I used this http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/ae...aditbnc-mx impedance converter to connect to the AES input of my (then) D-Premier. This worked nicely with the squeezelite mod described elsewhere on the forum. I then purchased an April U3 USB/SPDIF-AES converter. Together with my Touch (and EDO) this was a better solution. Then I upgraded to the new Devialet hardware and connected my Touch directly to the USB input of the 250. This may not be better than the U3, but I prefer it in many respects. I guess the Berkeley USB converter would be superior and so is the price!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Feb-2015, 22:07)ogs Wrote:
(21-Feb-2015, 19:47)archer75 Wrote: To all SBT owners,

I did use the SPDIF coax output on my Touch for a long time. I used this http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/ae...aditbnc-mx impedance converter to connect to the AES input of my (then) D-Premier. This worked nicely with the squeezelite mod described elsewhere on the forum. I then purchased an April U3 USB/SPDIF-AES converter. Together with my Touch (and EDO) this was a better solution. Then I upgraded to the new Devialet hardware and connected my Touch directly to the USB input of the 250. This may not be better than the U3, but I prefer it in many respects. I guess the Berkeley USB converter would be superior and so is the price!

Thanks, ogs.

Let's see what the others will say.

Hi, anymore suggestion on USB or coax?