Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advices for a first time Devialet owner
archer75

How AIR will fit in to the picture? Do I need to use it or it does the same as SBT?

You will not be able to use AIR with anything other than a computer running either MAC or Windows. Devialet has not made AIR available for Linux (the OS running on Touch and most NAS boxes) When you browse this forum some more you will find lots of information on the pros and cons of AIR. Your plan to use Touch with your D200 is good. Stick to it, to begin with anyway and go for a USB connection. When you find a better solution you can upgrade at a later point. There is a lot happening in streaming at the moment so I would wait a few months to see what turns up.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(19-Feb-2015, 23:37)ZincAlloy Wrote: Another happy SBT and Devialet user here.  As others have pointed out, combination of LMS and iPeng is still the best streaming audio experience, IMHO.  If you haven't already done so, try a decent linear power supply with your SBT and disable all logging on the SBT.  Not sure these make a difference, but they satisfy my tweakerosity ....  Having said this, I'm hoping Dialog / Spark is even better!

thanks.

Do you have any recommendation for a linear power supply?
(19-Feb-2015, 23:44)ogs Wrote: archer75

How AIR will fit in to the picture? Do I need to use it or it does the same as SBT?

You will not be able to use AIR with anything other than a computer running either MAC or Windows. Devialet has not made AIR available for Linux (the OS running on Touch and most NAS boxes) When you browse this forum some more you will find lots of information on the pros and cons of AIR. Your plan to use Touch with your D200 is good. Stick to it, to begin with anyway and go for a USB connection. When you find a better solution you can upgrade at a later point. There is a lot happening in streaming at the moment so I would wait a few months to see what turns up.

You are right. I will anyway start with what I already have. On this basis, can you pls recommend a USB cable?

My roadmap seems to be as below;

1- Buy an USB cable (recommendations are welcome)
2- Buy a Linear power supply
3- Download Ipeng
4- Install EDO to SBT to enable 24/192 streaming
5- Enjoy my music

Am I missing any steps?

On Devialet side, shall I do any special config or any other tips given above combo to play with?

Cheers.
I have the same setup and always was under the impression that the source is not that important. I too have a Touch for years and love it. I now have it as source to feed my 120. Great sound improvement.

What I did only recently totally left me in awe. I installed the Toolbox 3.0 on the Touch.
http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.nl/2011...ox-30.html

It is a software tweak that will cost you approx half an hour to implement.

What is does is disable everything that is not needed. This includes the display, wifi (use a wired connection), infrared and other stuff. Additionally it modifies some settings. The difference is breath taking.

So this also made me realize that a high-end digital source is probably capable of making another huge difference. I'm waiting for the dialog because of the bit-perfect streaming it should mean it doesn't get any better than that.

Anyway I'd advise any audiophile squeezebox touch owners to install the toolbox. It will become a small black brick only controllable via an App but at a great performance gain.

Frank
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(20-Feb-2015, 08:39)archer75 Wrote:
(19-Feb-2015, 23:37)ZincAlloy Wrote: Another happy SBT and Devialet user here.  As others have pointed out, combination of LMS and iPeng is still the best streaming audio experience, IMHO.  If you haven't already done so, try a decent linear power supply with your SBT and disable all logging on the SBT.  Not sure these make a difference, but they satisfy my tweakerosity ....  Having said this, I'm hoping Dialog / Spark is even better!

thanks.

Do you have any recommendation for a linear power supply?

I use The Best of Two Worlds, from http://markgrantcables.co.uk/  He's a nice chap to deal with, and he offers 30 days sale or return, so you can try it at home and, if it doesn't make a difference, send it back.  
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I agree. I also have the BOTW power supply and is makes a good difference.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(20-Feb-2015, 09:53)iamwappie Wrote: I agree. I also have the BOTW power supply and is makes a good difference.

iamwappie & ZincAlloy,

Thanks, I will follow your recommendation hence I am placing an order for power supply and booster.

What about USB cable? Any recommendation on this?

Brgds.
(20-Feb-2015, 10:52)archer75 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 09:53)iamwappie Wrote: I agree. I also have the BOTW power supply and is makes a good difference.

iamwappie & ZincAlloy,

Thanks, I will follow your recommendation hence I am placing an order for power supply and booster.

Brgds.

The Chord USB Silver Plus gets very good reports and is very reasonable @ £55

Otherwise if you are willing to push the boat out the totaldac @ 390 euros seems to be the one to go for.

http://www.totaldac.com/USB_cable-eng.htm

I'm sure there re many many other good ones out there but these two do seem to top many people's lists.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Feb-2015, 10:52)I archer75 Wrote:

iamwappie & ZincAlloy,

Brgds.
Funny enough, just looking at USB cables myself.  

Was going to hold off until I got my Dialog, but that looks some months away.  In the interim, I'm going to try the SBT mod posted on this forum, which allows the SBT to output 192/24 via its USB socket. So, long story short - no, but have a look at separate USB cable thread on the forum (Tweakers Corner) - I've just ordered the Chord Silver Plus today, it's only about £50 so worth a punt. 

Let us know how you get on. 

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I have Liutos too, and also came from the VSi60. I have a 120 now and my system sounds better than ever. Don't forget to try SAM. The devialet site has the Liuto SAM profile listed under Liuto Wood, but I've confirmed with sonus faber that this is the same speaker as the regular Liuto.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps