Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concrete & Beryllium speakers powered by Devialet Expert
(09-May-2022, 17:12)Nickname Wrote:
(09-May-2022, 08:05)Jean-Marie Wrote: As you can see from my own signature, I like two way designs for their simplicity and coherence.

Yours must sound very good, especially because of their sealed design and I the complete inertia of their concrete cabinet.
How much are they weighting?
Can you share more information about the cross over and the cutting frequency between the two drivers?

Thanks,

Jean-Marie

Thanks for your interest Jean-Marie

Each speaker weigh about 20Kg, which is really stable Heart . I cannot measure weigh impact on sound quality but there is no perceptible resonnance even at a high level.

Crossover is centered on 350 Hz to keep bass very clean and profit the max of beryllium illuminator.
It was challenging to install filters in the cabinet, because the only left entry was threw the woofer hole, which is not so big.
So I ended arranging components in "stand up" mode Big Grin

Thanks for sharing all this. 

I’m definitely not a speaker designer, not even in DYI mode, therefore I’m probably speaking outside of my comfort zone and into my incompetence area. 

However, looking at the response curves you shared I cannot stop wondering about the reason why you selected to cross over so low in a region where the beryllium tweeter appears to be more than 7dB below its flat zone which seems to start around 800Hz while the woofer does not seem to exhibit any accident before 1000Hz?

Was it to avoid the transition to happen in the 300 to 3k Hz band where our hearing is the most sensitive, or was this because of other considerations not visible in a simple graph?

Thanks a lot,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concrete & Beryllium speakers powered by Devialet Expert - by Jean-Marie - 09-May-2022, 20:41