Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting interview about Devialet
This is IMHO very interesting interview with Andy Kennard, Devialet’s General Manager for Asia.

http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/2...-part-two/
Brilliant interview! Interesting mention that the Devialet 800 is actually 670Wpc. Not heard that anywhere else.
Nice read.
Makes me wonder, do people here have more than 1 SD card, each with different config? If so, what's different between the configs?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I've found recently that some types of music can sound a bit better with lower power, but not others. It might just be my imagination or working round room resonance issues or something. Classical in particular seems to be better with all the power available. Having said that I don't personally bother with different configs, I just set max oower like I'm sure 99% of everyone else does.
(10-Jun-2014, 13:17)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've found recently that some types of music can sound a bit better with lower power, but not others. It might just be my imagination or working round room resonance issues or something. Classical in particular seems to be better with all the power available. Having said that I don't personally bother with different configs, I just set max oower like I'm sure 99% of everyone else does.
It would be nice to be able to change these settings directly on the Devialet via a network connection, in stead of via de Devialet website.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
My guess is the mentioned 670 watts be in 8 ohm and 800 in 6 ohm, like all stated numbers (120/200/250/800) are in 6 ohm as well.
Thanks for sharing! I was actually "waiting" for part two after reading part one. Smile (http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/2...-part-one/)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands