Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM and output power change - Warning!
(25-Feb-2015, 13:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(25-Feb-2015, 08:23)Mikeeo Wrote:
(25-Feb-2015, 00:31)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I might be wrong but what you describe sounds to me that your asking too much from the amplifier. The amp then can't supply a nice sine wave and starts to flatten out; the sine wave doesn't get a chance to come back from low to high quick enough and the end result is almost a DC current. From what I understand, that is how you blow up speakers with an amp that works above its current ability.

If it's true that the (digital) pre-amp is the only thing that changes when you change the output power settings then this should technically not happen. The only way I can see this happen is if the Dev would cut the amount of output transistors used when you cut output power. And if that were the case, the sound could change too because digital volume controls (apparently) sound better when turned up.

I think this is a question for the Devialet team.

Pim, thanks for the input. My conclusion is that despite cutting the power output to half ie 200W this should not happen (I didn't turn up the volume that much) it must be a configurator glitch that throws the amp into a setting that obviously doesn't work. With 200 W on tap the Raidhos shouldn't present a challenge for the amp. 
Right now I do not have the power to write to Devialet about this and then wait in vain for an answer or if answer comes it will not address my issue. I will stick to my full power setting and old config until I now.

/Mike

So it's a glitch then. Nothing new in Devialet land Wink
Exactly, same ol' same in the land of promises... Well if they managed to come up with these chromed wonders I am sure they will fix everything one sunny day...
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK