Poll: CI experience
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AIR ethernet - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
11.11%
6 11.11%
AIR ethernet - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
11.11%
6 11.11%
AIR ethernet - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
1.85%
1 1.85%
AIR ethernet - faulty pre CI and faulty now
1.85%
1 1.85%
AIR wifi - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
3.70%
2 3.70%
AIR wifi - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
3.70%
2 3.70%
AIR wifi - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
7.41%
4 7.41%
AIR wifi - faulty pre CI and faulty now
3.70%
2 3.70%
Roon AIR - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
31.48%
17 31.48%
Roon AIR - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
20.37%
11 20.37%
Roon AIR - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
1.85%
1 1.85%
Roon AIR - faulty pre CI and faulty now
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI experience
(31-Jan-2018, 21:17)ovo Wrote:
(27-Jan-2018, 18:57)SteveI Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 17:33)Gerronwithit Wrote: Have had a couple of hours to play my CI upgraded 250 Pro this afternoon Just My Favourites playlist from Tidal. Precision, power and clarity are exceptional, although whether there is any significant enhancement on pre-upgrade output is a moot point and probably beyond my subjective listening capabilities. Nevertheless my playlist has all varieties of recordings of quite different qualities but the clarity is quite astonishing even in the poorest. "it's getting better all the time..."
My only experience was 35 minutes of pure delight istening to my 440 Pro system which arrived back yesterday before it packed in. Master shut down, and when I rebooted it only boots up until the point on the display where it says Devialet 440 Pro core. Tried all solutions, unplugging, removing SD and rebooting but thats as good as it get. Hugely disappointed as you can imagine.

Have you tried removing the link and trigger connections, unplug both Master and Companion then power up as 2 x D220s with sd cards removed as factory config . Power down with the remote,insert configuration SDs re-attach link and trigger plugs. Finger crossed. Hope.Then see what happens. There are also problems with the configurator for my D440s- especially if you are using Safari as a browser.

Best of luck.

Safari is not good for configuration downloads. I use Chrome and understand that Firefox is OK as well.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Feb-2018, 03:06)Axel Wrote:
(27-Jan-2018, 18:57)SteveI Wrote: My only experience was 35 minutes of pure delight istening to my 440 Pro system which arrived back yesterday before it packed in. Master shut down, and when I rebooted it only boots up until the point on the display where it says Devialet 440 Pro core. Tried all solutions, unplugging, removing SD and rebooting but thats as good as it get. Hugely disappointed as you can imagine.

Have you tried removing the link and trigger connections, unplug both Master and Companion then power up as 2 x D220s with sd cards removed as factory config . Power down with the remote,insert configuration SDs re-attach link and trigger plugs. Finger crossed. Hope.Then see what happens. There are also problems with the configurator for my D440s- especially if you are using Safari as a browser.

Best of luck.

Safari is not good for configuration downloads. I use Chrome and understand that Firefox is OK as well.
Glad to say everything is now working perfectly. Roger in Devialet customer service was incredibly helpful, and we went through all possible permutations, including your suggestions above. The problem believe it or not was the configuration name was too long. I've managed to get a few hours listening in since the fix happened, and I'm very pleased with the system. I've had no issues whatsoever, and the system sounds great. Couldn't ask for more in terms of customer support, it was top class.
That's good to know SteveI, how many letters are allowed before the name becomes 'too long'?
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(01-Feb-2018, 03:06)Axel Wrote:
(27-Jan-2018, 18:57)SteveI Wrote: My only experience was 35 minutes of pure delight istening to my 440 Pro system which arrived back yesterday before it packed in. Master shut down, and when I rebooted it only boots up until the point on the display where it says Devialet 440 Pro core. Tried all solutions, unplugging, removing SD and rebooting but thats as good as it get. Hugely disappointed as you can imagine.

Best of luck.

(01-Feb-2018, 06:42)cereal killer Wrote: That's good to know SteveI, how many letters are allowed before the name becomes 'too long'?

I can't honestly answer your question as to exactly  how many letters are allowed before the config name is too long, but my system currently works with a config file name of 19 characters including spaces.