Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Excited New Devialet 200 Owner
Hi to all,

I ordered a Devialet 200 to replace my stereo pre-amp, 2-channel power amp and external DAC.

The Devialet was recommended by a friend and when I read all the great reviews, I decided to audition one.  So last Saturday morning, I did just that and I must admit that I was completely blown away!  The unit plays as lovely as it looks and when the music demands it, it has real "balls" for such a low-profile integrated pre-amp.  After listening to it for about 1.5 hours, I ordered one for my setup.  I'm expecting the Devialet to arrive by end-of-week (very exciting).

As a newbie to the Devialet 200, I have some initial questions that I was hoping you could help me with.  Huh

Q1. I have a Rega RP10 turntable fitted with the Rega Apheta 2 moving-coil cartridge.  Rega recommends the following settings and I wanted to know what settings to use on the Devialet to match Rega's recommendation?

MC Loading Resistance = 100 Ω
MC Loading Capacitance = 1000pF
MC Gain = 69.3dB

Q2. When I was auditioning the Devialet 200 in store, I would keep losing connection to the unit via the store's Android Tablet (Devialet Remote app).  The sales rep blamed the various WI-FI networks and WI-FI enabled components within the store.  Have you found WI-FI to be reliable with the Devialet 200 (please note that I will be using an Apple iPad Mini)?

Q3. How good is the power cord that comes with the Devialet 200 and if you've replaced yours, what did you replace it with?

Q4. Is it possible to stream FLAC music files to the Devialet 200, over a wired network, from a NAS running Windows Home Server?

Q5. Looking at the enclosed pic of my possible Devialet 200 configuration, should I connect my Bryston BCD-1 CD player via Digital Coax or Toslink Optical since my Bryston BDP-2 digital streamer will connect via AES/EBU?

Thanking you in advance for your patience with me and for your answers!  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'Evening, and welcome. I'm also a new Devialet owner. I have a D120 and bought it about 10 days ago. I'm still surprised at what I hear in the music that I've listened to for three years on my previous little Naim Qute. 

I can't help with the turntable questions, as mine is on a shelf in the basement.... for now, at least. Remember that you can vary the cartridge resistance loading settings with a slider, so you may find that a setting that is much different than the recommended setting works better. I know of someone who had that experience.

I stream files from iTunes, on a recent iMac, to an airport express which has an optical cable to the Devialet. I have not used the AIR system. But we use the Devialet app on an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2; this provides volume, input source etc. (just to be certain that I'm talking about what you are referring to). We've never lost a connection between either remote control and the Dev. And that was definitely not the case with my previous black box streamer. So, I can only say that in my brief experience the connectivity seems very good for the remote control. Even if the pad or phone goes to sleep, the connection has been solid.

I think the power cord is fine, or ordinary. I was told that I can look at alternatives down the road, once the VISA bill has been forgotten. There is discussion about the size of the female end plug, and what will or won't fit under the rear cover. I'm just going to go for something that matches the rug. 

Lots of members here use Windows and NAS systems as well as wireless; I don't think that FLAC will be a problem. I have been told that any wired connection will be better than anything wireless. 

I have no idea about Q5, but this is a very good forum for help and advice. I'm sure you'll get excellent suggestions shortly.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I m 6 days old D120 owner. I m literally pulled out of my auditioning sessions during weekends for Lunch calls/dinner calls ... anyways ...

I use exact set up as Damon - AE Toslink from AE to D120 + NAS eithernet cable to AE. Iphone/ipad Airplay stream.

I added D120 - ETH cable to AE and other setup same as above. enabled "Bit Perfect" and delay set at 100ms, in the Devialet app on my macbook AIR

Happy with both the options and ZERO drops.

for a quick try i also did Devialet_ETH and Devialet_WIFI options - i prefer _ETH as _WIFI (experienced couple of drops but did not test extensively).

Good Luck!. Others on the forum are more experienced than me.

Power cord : i m changing mine to 3 pin connection, in India I would need it as a earthing requirement. supplier gave two pin input only.

I dont have any streamers. In future i might do BDP-2 or NAD but will wait for next upgrade from Devialet. Looks like i dont need any until then. However heard from many senior members on the forum happy with "AES/EBU" option.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I just received my Devialet 200, what a beauty!

For Devialet 200 owners that have replaced the stock power cable, what are you using?
while others answer better responses, Congrats!. I have replaced the Dealer supplied (or company supplied two pin) to a good quality 3 pin plug from local market.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I replaced mine with a longer Pangea AC9 because I needed more length to bypass my power conditioner.