Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Jamo R909s: 400s or 800s?
Kerry - I will qualify that I haven't turned over every stone out there nor read all the reviews but the only power spec I've seen for a 200 was 200 w/ch @ 6 ohms, hence the name/model number. I've never seen any mention of the 200 being able to deliver 300 w/ch @ 4 ohms but I'll be happy if that's the case.
It's certainly a combo I'd like to hear, so good luck with finding a demo model.

I'm thinking of moving over to OB speakers. I like the look of these self-assembly models from PureAudioProject:

[Image: pure-audio-project_392698.jpg]

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
It seems that many have not seen the full range of Devialet power amplifiers' output into different loads.
Here it is.

[Image: ?name=Screen+Shot+2015-02-24+at+10.47.00.png]
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(28-Feb-2015, 02:45)MusicFirst Wrote: It seems that many have not seen the full range of Devialet power amplifiers' output into different loads.
Here it is.

[Image: ?name=Screen+Shot+2015-02-24+at+10.47.00.png]

Where did you get that from MF? I replaced a (very old) 80W/ch into 8 Ohm Denon amplifier with my Devialet 200 and would have to say that comparing the two, 150W/Ch into 8 Ohm for a Dev 200 seems a bit optimistic. I remember at the time reading a review of my Denon amp in which they measured it to give a bit over 90W/ch into 8 Ohm so that one was advertised on the pessimistic side. When I bought my Devialet it was a 170 and I though it would roughly be an even playing field but the Denon sounded as powerful if not more powerful than the Dev.

Not that it sounded anywhere near as good though. Not by a long shot Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The power ratings came straight from Devialet support.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(28-Feb-2015, 18:54)MusicFirst Wrote: The power ratings came straight from Devialet support.

Kerry
That's good to know, thanks for sharing!  Smile

Guillaume 
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I can only comment from my own experience. When I first heard KEF Blades with a D240. This was an excellent combination. Later I auditioned the Blades with what was then the 170, this combination did not work at all for me. A massive chunk of bass definition and accuracy was lost. So although the difference in power is relatively small, there are other factors involved, I think this is related to the amplifier's ability to control the speaker, maybe with strange dips in the ohms loading etc. I can imagine the Jamo's being a difficult load, but this is just a guess. The only option is to get a demo and find out how everything sounds. You mention your dealer's limited stocks, well the distributor Absolute Sounds has demo stock, I am sure your dealer should be able to sort out a demo for you, after all, it looks to me that you have the potential to become a good customer. If I was your dealer I would certainly be trying to help!