Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR Best Practices
Was just wondering if those who have had success with AIR could offer some of their best practices - what worked, what didn't.

For example, the wireless router can't be more than X feet away or technical things like WPA is supported, but WPA2 is not (I actually don't know this, I'm just asking) - but I'm curious as to the answer of this. OR, AIR success rate on Windows is better than MAC or visa-versa.

Any little tips, tricks, help would be greatly helpful. I'm having a heck of a time. I had it working, got white noise and drop outs, and now can't even get it working again!
Never tried on PC (dont know how although i want to). My set up is AE (Airport express) connects to both D120 and NAS. So generally i play AIR_ETH option on Macbook Air.
i also enable Bit Perfect Mode + 1000mSec buffer.
Quality is excellant. Out of 4 hours continuous play today, noticed once or twice drops (glitches). This was because i was trying to access NAS in other application. If i leave NAS alone, i dont notice drops.

I also do AIRPLAY from my iDevices to AE -> toslink to -> Devialet ( in Toslink mode selected as input).
No drops and quality is close to AIR_ETH (or i m biased) but issue is power on the iDevices get sucked. Not a big deal, by then i m actually good with music listening sessions.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thank you Jnan_devi.

I will try some of the things you're doing and see if I have any better luck.

Do we have an ETA on when Devialet will fix AIR?
Do we have an ETA on when Devialet will fix AIR?

The answer is Vincent Price's laugh at the end of Michael Jackson's song Thriller.... Only it keep on going and the door never closes.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Why can't they just make a patch? Why are they holding off to the next firmware upgrade? They are losing a lot of goodwill.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Make Spark app available for Devialet users, so they can control Devialet through AIR. since is AIR already working, its a matter of making Spark able to control Devialet.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
(28-Feb-2015, 23:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Do we have an ETA on when Devialet will fix AIR?

The answer is Vincent Price's laugh at the end of Michael Jackson's song Thriller.... Only it keep on going and the door never closes.

Smile Smile Smile i m gonna play Thriller for the sake of the above ...