Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 vs 200
(01-Mar-2015, 15:27)iamwappie Wrote: At the time of my listening session I had limited time. Listened to the 120 and only very shortly to the 200. Didn't hear a great difference. It is difficult as although listening to the same speakers and cables speaker positioning and room makes the sound totally different.  Maybe I should have listened to the 200 at home also. I'm am btw very satisfied with the 120 but a small voice keeps questioning if a 200 would be the better choice (in relation to the additional €2000)

Now I have absolutely no need for the additional inputs not for a better phono stage. The specs are exactly the same besides ofcourse power. Sure it is a different DAC chip  but in essence it's the same. The different type number is because in the 200 it is dual channel and in the 120 single channel but the share the same design. My speakers are (I guess) easy to drive (Audio Physic tempo 25) and because of a hearing condition I do not go beyond -10db so do not play super loud.

With my configuration, was the 200 a better choice of marginally better?

What if a future upgrade would be the SF olympica II ?

Thanks

It is not a different dac - it is a different adc.  I bought the 200 so I could upgrade down the road and was probably nuts. In my room 90 watts is plenty.  Live in the present...

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA