Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qnap NAS to Devialet help please
Hi
I am considering a 200 for my system. I have highlighted a few issues I am having in other posts. I have a home demo this week hopefully, but right now I have no digital source to demo it with as my Network player has no digital out.

So for the demo I somehow have to use my Qnap NAS to provide a digital source to the 200. I am presuming this will be connected by USB cable.

I know there are lots of other solutions out there if I actually go for the 200, but right now I just have to make sure I can get the demo set up correctly.

Will I need software, are there any apps I can use to get the FLAC files from my NAS to the 200. I have an I pad. I have a lap top but dont want to use this for the music playback as it will cause no end of bother...... Big Grin

I dont seem to be making much progress on my own after googling etc so any help is very much appreciated.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Ok, a few more ideas for you:

1) borrow a streamer from your dealer as well as the 200 and get them to set it up so that it works with your NAS

2) bite the bullet and copy a few music files to your laptop and download a s/w music player onto your Laptop to play via USB to the 200. I'm an Apple user and can't really advise on what simple player to use on a PC but you could start a free trial of Audirvana+ Which is easy to install and works well. You can then delete all the s/w and music when your demo is complete
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I might have to do that , but really dont want to mess with lap top. Its work only and it will be a last resort. Not sure the dealer has a network player as a demo unit too, have a feeling he doesnt.
Looked at JRiver media centre before, but with me not being that tecnhical wary of using this. If I somehow buggered up my FLAC files on my NAS i would die.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
This is just a demo too, dont really want to be messing around with software etc. thanks for the input though.
(01-Mar-2015, 17:17)Womaz Wrote: Will I need software, are there any apps I can use to get the FLAC files from my NAS to the 200. I have an I pad. I have a lap top but dont want to use this for the music playback as it will cause no end of bother...... Big Grin

I experimented with the Qnap HS-210 as the source for a Devialet 200 a while ago. Just connect the devices with an USB cable and use the Qmusic application with the output set as System output. I have to say the sound quality did get much better with the Aries in between.
That is interesting as I downloaded that app to my Ipad and tried to set up my QNap NAS drive with it. I just keep getting the message "web server is not enabled"
Of course I dont have the demo 200 yet, but wouldnt think this would make a difference at this stage.
You may have to enable the webserver in Control Panel. To launch any of the apps from the 'Launch' button on each app icon in the App Center on the Qnap the webserver needs to be enabled. This is handy if you can't figure the URL to the app's web page.
(02-Mar-2015, 10:34)Rufus McDufus Wrote: You may have to enable the webserver in Control Panel.  To launch any of the apps from the 'Launch' button on each app icon in the App Center on the Qnap the webserver needs to be enabled.   This is handy if you can't figure the URL to the app's web page.

From Womaz's earlier posts I hope he wont mind me saying that he's fairly new to all this Wink

Is there a QNAP guide to playing music from a NAS via USB?  It seems very easy using a Synology NAS but I've done a few searches on QNAP the information is very fragmented and obscure.  From what I've read it seems to be necessary to have Music Station running on the NAS.  I don't have a QNAP so can't try it myself.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(02-Mar-2015, 10:47)PhilP Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 10:34)Rufus McDufus Wrote: You may have to enable the webserver in Control Panel.  To launch any of the apps from the 'Launch' button on each app icon in the App Center on the Qnap the webserver needs to be enabled.   This is handy if you can't figure the URL to the app's web page.

From Womaz's earlier posts I hope he wont mind me saying that he's fairly new to all this Wink

Is there a QNAP guide to playing music from a NAS via USB?  It seems very easy using a Synology NAS but I've done a few searches on QNAP the information is very fragmented and obscure.  From what I've read it seems to be necessary to have Music Station running on the NAS.  I don't have a QNAP so can't try it myself.

I dont mind you saying that at all because its true Big Grin  I always thought I was quite up to date with all the technical stuff. On a serious note I am starting to wonder whether the 200 is maybe just not for me, but like I said previous I will keep trying. Its maybe just a bit too much involved.

So I am guessing I have to enable a web server on the qnap????? this will then get the app to work?
I will google that too, just time is running out and want to get as much as I can from the demo.
Once again thanks for all the help on here it is very much appreciated.
Apparently my QNAP NAS does not support playback so that option now dead in the water.
So the issue I now have is for a demo I may not have a digital source, but I will now let the dealer worry about that one Smile

If I decide to go for the 200 though this means I am left with no digital input to it until I can get the cash for a network player also.
I dont want to use the laptop as its for work.

All I want to do is LISTEN TO MUSIC!! - get the frustration Smile Smile