Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qnap NAS to Devialet help please
Womaz,

Given the questions you've asked in several threads, I'm wondering what sort of help you're getting from your dealer? Or perhaps what sort of relationship you have; was this the £600 USB cable shop? It seems to me that the frustration would be reduced if you were given a clear understanding of what you need to do what you want. Whether it is affordable or not is a separate issue, and different for all of us.

I know that before I bought I explained to my shop what I had, what I wanted to do, and I asked about what I would be able to do with the Devialet in the context of the setup I have currently; wireless streaming, Airport Express, iTunes. etc. I came away understanding what I would be doing on day one. I also have a bit of a road map for the next steps depending on my interest and what I want to spend. I came home, set up the airport express, selected airplay in iTunes, shared my iTunes library, and off I went. Last night I also set up the AIR system, and that is pretty straightforward as well. 

Whether you need a new NAS, or another computer to store digital files should be options or requirements that the dealer can resolve. It may be that the Devialet is not for you, but I doubt that would be because it is too complicated. You can make it complicated, but it doesn't have to be.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada