Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new d200 suffering dropouts
Hi All,

I'm a new d200 owner and am quite enjoying it.I recently tried the coax inputs from my cdp and cd recorder and have noticed drop outs in the sound every now and then.I think it happens when either my fridge or freezer switch on and off.I haven't noticed this with the analog inputs.Has anyone had this problem or know how to stop it?

Mo
(02-Mar-2015, 14:05)mojojojo Wrote: Hi All,

I'm a new d200 owner and am quite enjoying it.I recently tried the coax inputs from my cdp and cd recorder and have noticed drop outs in the sound every now and then.I think it happens when either my fridge or freezer switch on and off.I haven't noticed this with the analog inputs.Has anyone had this problem or know how to stop it?

Mo

I feel for you mate. Having to choose between having a beer in your hands whilst listening to drop outs or leaving the fridge closed so the music stays perfect is a choice nobody should ever have to make. Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
D120 - suffering drop out when i m on AIR_WIFI.

however AIR_ETH - no drop out observed however yesterday it permanently dropped out out Smile. then i simply had to re-start like a "computer reset" ? it started again and then on no issues. however what i observed is if i tried to invoke NAS driver (where all my music folders exists) this is when i get drops. i have very distinctive cases of this.

So i dont touch NAS driver. also increase the buffer to 1000ms.
Alternatively Toslink is also great - no drops this is for Airplay from iDevices to Airport Express.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I haven't even tried Ethernet or USB.Just plain old coaxial out from my CD player and recorder.I'm liking the sound but the dropouts are really annoying.
For what it's worth, I have never had so much as a single drop out when using a coaxial input, either digital or analogue, and I have used both, extensively, for about a year and four months. Looks like something is faulty somewhere?
Confused is right.

Sent by iPad
Hopefully get time to mess about with it tomorrow