Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog - what can you tell me?
(02-Mar-2015, 23:16)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 23:14)brit Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:59)ZincAlloy Wrote: K

(02-Mar-2015, 22:45)brit Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:30)ZincAlloy Wrote: Just had confirmation that my Dialog will be delivered on the 15th April.  However, whether it will actually work with my Devialet 200 then, is another matter entirely ....

Hi zincAlloy,

As a matter of interest, what was your order number? Mine is 115 and I have heard nothing yet!

David

Hi David - order #34, ordered on 29th December.  I haven't actually heard anything from Devialet on this (no surprises there!).  I checked under Mes Commandes under my profil earlier the evening and spotted this. Suggest you have a lol look also - you never know!

ATB, Ken
Hi Ken,

Just checked and it stills shows as "processing"! Oh well, as your order no was 34 and mine 115, I have a few months to wait - maybe mine will be delivered just as they sort out the software for the expert range Big Grin!

David
Hi David - you may well be right!  I may receive a grey plastic paperweight in April ...

Grey!! I  hope it is white or cream, as per the pictures Devialet have seen fit to release, otherwise SWMBO will kill me Smile !

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(02-Mar-2015, 23:28)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:59)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi David - order #34, ordered on 29th December.  I haven't actually heard anything from Devialet on this (no surprises there!).  I checked under Mes Commandes under my profil earlier the evening and spotted this. Suggest you have a lol look also - you never know!

ATB, Ken

Cheers, Ken, I now see mine is also due for delivery on 15 April. I must say they hid that information pretty well!

I expect all the people who've only ordered a DIALOG will have been bumped down the queue. The priority at the moment is to keep the PHANTOM customers happy, and anyway we sad old "Expert" owners won't be able to use the DIALOG until May at the earliest.

Cheers, Matt
Well I ordered a pair of silver Phantoms and a dialog and they took the money up-front (most UK companies take the card number but only take the money on shipping) which was a surprise, my order is number 10 and it is still showing "processing".
If I get an estimated delivery in April I will cancel and give up on Devialet for good.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(03-Mar-2015, 12:17)f1eng Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:59)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi David - order #34, ordered on 29th December.  I haven't actually heard anything from Devialet on this (no surprises there!).  I checked under Mes Commandes under my profil earlier the evening and spotted this. Suggest you have a lol look also - you never know!

ATB, Ken

Cheers, Ken, I now see mine is also due for delivery on 15 April. I must say they hid that information pretty well!

I expect all the people who've only ordered a DIALOG will have been bumped down the queue. The priority at the moment is to keep the PHANTOM customers happy, and anyway we sad old "Expert" owners won't be able to use the DIALOG until May at the earliest.

Cheers, Matt
Well I ordered a pair of silver Phantoms and a dialog and they took the money up-front (most UK companies take the card number but only take the money on shipping) which was a surprise, my order is number 10 and it is still showing "processing".
If I get an estimated delivery in April I will cancel and give up on Devialet for good.

Well, I find myself in a similar situation but cannot reasonably cancel.

Why? Because my credit card was debited with euros, which required conversion, and subsequently a bank charge.
I am told that the same amount in euros will be credited which will incurr further charges and because of the 'strong' pound there will be a further loss during the exchange conversion.

Between a rock and a hard place.

Others who have cancelled have not mentioned charges, so am I alone in this respect.

Btw - i am a UK resident
Hi

my bank reversed the foreign transaction fee so they cancelled out but I did make an exchange loss as you say.

Of course, if you reorder later it could be even cheaper!

Cheers

Chris
(02-Mar-2015, 22:59)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:45)brit Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:30)ZincAlloy Wrote: Just had confirmation that my Dialog will be delivered on the 15th April.  However, whether it will actually work with my Devialet 200 then, is another matter entirely ....

Hi zincAlloy,

As a matter of interest, what was your order number? Mine is 115 and I have heard nothing yet!

David

Hi David - order #34, ordered on 29th December.  I haven't actually heard anything from Devialet on this (no surprises there!).  I checked under Mes Commandes under my profil earlier the evening and spotted this. Suggest you have a lol look also - you never know!

ATB, Ken
Interesting!  My order number is 300000034, there can't be two order number 34's so the prefix 3000000 must mean something, there might be more orders than it first appears.
(03-Mar-2015, 21:10)alandbush Wrote: Q
(03-Mar-2015, 12:17)f1eng Wrote:

ATB, Ken

Cheers, Matt

Well, I find myself in a similar situation but cannot reasonably cancel.

Why? Because my credit card was debited with euros, which required conversion, and subsequently a bank charge.
I am told that the same amount in euros will be credited which will incurr further charges and because of the 'strong' pound there will be a further loss during the exchange conversion.

Between a rock and a hard place.

Others who have cancelled have not mentioned charges, so am I alone in this respect.

Btw - i am a UK resident
I contacted Devialet yesterday evening re my Dialog order, and received this response:

"We suffered a set back for the production of Dialogs, the model were not 100% performant to your requirements and we would like to deliver you something perfect. 

The issue is progressively being solved now and production restarted."

Whilst I fully subscribe to the fact that we would like something perfect, it would not have been beyond the wit of man to have put out a "round robin" e-mail to customers explaining this problem - I think that we would have understood! 

I am not in a hurry to receive my Dialog, will still have to await release of Expert Line integration software anyway before it is usable - the doorstop syndrome  Big Grin .

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Just re-checked my Dialog order and now note it has also been updated to show delivery for 15 April - looks like 15 April is going to be a busy day for the Postal Service Tongue !

Also note that there is the addition of a "drop down"  indicator arrow/chevron next to the order number on my Devialet Order Page - click on this and Delivery date appears.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK