Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Just Works!
On Sunday, I installed my newly purchased Devialet 200 into my audio system.

We are looking at moving into either a smaller home or maybe even a condo so I decided to downsize my audio system.  The Devialet replaced my pre-amp, power amp and DAC, not to mention all the cabling used by those components.

The Devialet 200 replaced my Bryston 4B-SST2 power amplifier and I'm really amazed on how much power the Devialet has and I don't find that I'm missing anything in my music.

Everything is working flawlessly, including the Devialet Remote application running on both my iPad Mini & iPhone 6 Plus and the Devialet Configurator online tool is very easy to use.

So far, I'm really happy with my purchase and have absolutely no regrets!  Plus my wife absolutely loves the look of the Devialet (so do I)!

Congratulations and happy listening!
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(03-Mar-2015, 15:16)samurai7595 Wrote: On Sunday, I installed my newly purchased Devialet 200 into my audio system.

We are looking at moving into either a smaller home or maybe even a condo so I decided to downsize my audio system.  The Devialet replaced my pre-amp, power amp and DAC, not to mention all the cabling used by those components.

The Devialet 200 replaced my Bryston 4B-SST2 power amplifier and I'm really amazed on how much power the Devialet has and I don't find that I'm missing anything in my music.

Everything is working flawlessly, including the Devialet Remote application running on both my iPad Mini & iPhone 6 Plus and the Devialet Configurator online tool is very easy to use.

So far, I'm really happy with my purchase and have absolutely no regrets!  Plus my wife absolutely loves the look of the Devialet (so do I)!

Congratulations and happy listening.

David 
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Congrats and enjoy it
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Congratulations.

Interestingly I had shortlisted "Bryston 4B-SST2 power amplifier" for my speakers. I also see BDP-2 in your signature. Would be interesting to see your opinions on Streamers section. BDP-2 is one of the pure streamers without DAC in it.

can you share it here or open a new thread on BDP-2 and its goodness regarding APP usage to overall integration, SQ, ease of set up etc?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(04-Mar-2015, 12:00)Jnan_devi Wrote: Congratulations.

Interestingly I had shortlisted "Bryston 4B-SST2 power amplifier" for my speakers. I also see BDP-2 in your signature. Would be interesting to see your opinions on Streamers section. BDP-2 is one of the pure streamers without DAC in it.

can you share it here or open a new thread on BDP-2 and its goodness regarding APP usage to overall integration, SQ, ease of set up etc?

Don't get me wrong, the Bryston is an excellent power amp, if your're looking for separates and want an amp that has "balls" with an amazing 20 year warranty!

When I auditioned the Devialet 200, my biggest worry was how it would compare to the Bryston in terms of power & detail and to see if I would be missing anything with the swap.  But after some serious/careful auditioning in my own home and now having owned it for 4+ days, I'm really happy/satisfied with the Devialet 200 and have no regrets! 

Before owning the Bryston 4B-SST2 power amp, I had an all Linn Akurate system which included the Linn Akurate 4200 power amp.  It was also a very nice amp but unlike the Bryston, when music demanded "balls" the Linn fell short.  The Linn system was very nice with music like Jazz, Classical and all types of easy-listening music but when playing any type of rock or even other types of music that required POWER, the Linn seemed to run out of steam.  This is one of the reasons I had replaced my entire system with components of various manufacturers and the Bryston amp was my very first purchase.

As for the Bryston BDP-2 digital streamer, I really love it.  I have it connected to the Devialet 200 via AES/EBU and I'm using the MPaD app on my iPad Mini.  My music is stored on an external USB hard drive that I have connected directly to the BDP-2.  Operation (before and after the Devialet) has been flawless with this Bryston streamer via the MPaD app.  It's also extremely well built and comes with a 5 year warranty.  I haven't tried it yet but you can also install a 2.5" laptop hard drive inside the streamer and Bryston recommends a Solid State Drive (SSD).  Overall, it's a really nice streamer and is also listed on the Stereophile Recommended Components listing. 
Good to hear about the BDP-2 good ness. thats what i wanted to do with 4B-SST2.

.. and regarding if i had doubts about the 4B-SST2 - absolutely not!. It was first in my list and 2nd was MF 6 series + MCLICK. I came across deviate and went for it almost immediately.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(04-Mar-2015, 15:06)Jnan_devi Wrote: Good to hear about the BDP-2 good ness. thats what i wanted to do with 4B-SST2.

.. and regarding if i had doubts about the 4B-SST2 - absolutely not!. It was first in my list and 2nd was MF 6 series + MCLICK. I came across deviate and went for it almost immediately.

Before my D200 I had a 4B SST + BP26 + power supply for around 4 years. Unfortunately I became unconvinced by the sound and was delighted to discover the Devialet. It is on a different level altogether. I would  like to hear the BDP-2 however since I believe it departs from the house sound and could therefore be interesting. It certainly seems to offer great flexibility.
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.