Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon MiND - DC tip?
Hi
Thinking of getting a Teddy Pardo 12v PSU for my Moon MiND as I'm not a fan of wall warts near my system.
Does anyone know if the DC tip is a 5.5/2.1 or a 5.5./2.5?
Tx
Brendan
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Default 2.5 mm will work.

Teddy PSU made a significant improvement for my system.
It is suggested to leave it powered all the time as SQ continuously improves during a certain period of operation.
Thanks!
Ordered.

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

I seem to recall the PSU for the MiND is actually a linear power supply, not a SMPS despite it looking like a cheap wall wart. that said the Teddy Pardo is probably a fair bit better.
(04-Mar-2015, 09:25)DelaneyB Wrote: Thanks!
Ordered.
Please let us know how it "sounds". I've been thinking of trying another power supply.
   Cheers,
    Graeme
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
Teddy Pardo is very good! Both my vinylplayer as Unitiserve have Teddy psu's and it makes a substantial difference specially for my vinyl player. The price is a no brainer for the performance hike you get.

Enjoy/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I promised to feed back on the effect of the Teddy Pardo power supply on the Moon MiND 180.

Before the Moon I was using AIR ETH and having problems with crackling and breaking up of the sound after 40 mins playing. When it worked ETH was very good, and by far the best input to the D250 from my Mac Mini 2011 'optimised' server (tried optical and USB).

Speakers are Atohm GT1 SE on Atacama HSM1 stands filled with Atabites.

I now have the Moon linked to AES/EBU via an AudioQuest Coffee cable, connected to a Belkin GB router with AQ Forest ethernet cable (and to the Mini).
I'm using Twonky server on the Mini and Creation 5 on an iPad to control it.

With the standard PS the Moon was good but 'missing something intangible'. I couldnt put my finger on it, it was clear, dynamic but just not 'wow'.

With the TP PSU the Wow is back.... its got that same sense of 'perfectly spaced notes appearing from inky blackness' that I love so much about the Devialet. Its just as good as ETH AIR. VERY happy.

btw I got the dual PS and put the other output on the Belkin router for good measure.

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

That's excellent! I wish I'd got round to trying a different power supply now Sad
(15-Mar-2015, 12:03)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That's excellent! I wish I'd got round to trying a different power supply now Sad

Yup I think we missed a trick there Rufus.  Blush I've heard similar reports from the other side of the channel.

To be fair we did question the cheap looking power supply and were told that it was actually ok... still, no excuse!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Mar-2015, 21:57)DelaneyB Wrote: I promised to feed back on the effect of the Teddy Pardo power supply on the Moon MiND 180.

Before the Moon I was using AIR ETH and having problems with crackling and breaking up of the sound after 40 mins playing. When it worked ETH was very good, and by far the best input to the D250 from my Mac Mini 2011 'optimised' server (tried optical and USB).

Speakers are Atohm GT1 SE on Atacama HSM1 stands filled with Atabites.

I now have the Moon linked to AES/EBU via an AudioQuest Coffee cable, connected to a Belkin GB router with AQ Forest ethernet cable (and to the Mini).
I'm using Twonky server on the Mini and Creation 5 on an iPad to control it.

With the standard PS the Moon was good but 'missing something intangible'. I couldnt put my finger on it, it was clear, dynamic but just not 'wow'.

With the TP PSU the Wow is back.... its got that same sense of 'perfectly spaced notes appearing from inky blackness' that I love so much about the Devialet. Its just as good as ETH AIR. VERY happy.

btw I got the dual PS and put the other output on the Belkin router for good measure.
Do you remember what is the size of external power supply connector tip?