Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Not Showing Up
A friend of mine just purchased a Devialet 400. Out of the box, we hooked it up to his Mac Mini (running 10.8) and it worked perfectly. Then, he wanted to mod the config, and we put both cards back in, updated the config and now the Devialet won't show up in System Preferences/Sound. We have reinstalled the firmware on both machines. We have rebooted everything. We have even tried THREE different Mac computers, including one running the latest version (10.10.2).

Once we reinstall the firmware on both the master and slave, "Devialet 2.0" will show up and then poof, it's gone.

Any ideas?
You mean it didn't show up on Deviant Air on Mac?

If that's the case then few things, are you connecting the D400 via ethernet or WiFi and in both cases you need to check that in the new configuration profile the type of connection you're using is enabled and in case of WiFi you also need to check that the SSID password is properly set.

Also ensure that Mac is on the same network if there is more than one.

If you check all of that and the problem still exists then you need to prepare new configuration files from scratch as sometimes the configurator do crazy things. Dual mono configuration is buggy to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(04-Mar-2015, 05:35)amabrok Wrote: You mean it didn't show up on Deviant Air on Mac?

If that's the case then few things, are you connecting the D400 via ethernet or WiFi and in both cases you need to check that in the new configuration profile the type of connection you're using is enabled and in case of WiFi you also need to check that the SSID password is properly set.

Also ensure that Mac is on the same network if there is more than one.

If you check all of that and the problem still exists then you need to prepare new configuration files from scratch as sometimes the configurator do crazy things. Dual mono configuration is buggy to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Devialet doesn't show up on his Mac when connected via USB.  We've tried loading the config 10 times.  

As for Air, it doesn't work because it's buggy and his wireless router is not that close.
Anyone have any more thoughts? Remove all cables, Sd card and do a hard reset?
(04-Mar-2015, 14:25)MDB Wrote: Anyone have any more thoughts?  Remove all cables, Sd card and do a hard reset?

See if a single unit works OK with the default config. Remove the SD card and cycle the power (unplug the mains then plug back in). It will come up in default configuration. If it shows up on USB then the problem is the config file.
The new on-line configurator is very buggy for dual mono units. The only config I have which works is from July 2014 before the new configurator came on line.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Well, we determined this morning with the help of Devialet phone support, that indeed the MASTER unit was faulty.   A replacement will be on its way shortly.   These things happen, and I must give full kudos to the great folks at Devialet for their support (they wouldn't let me off the phone until we tried everything).