Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
My pair of Silver Phantoms and Dialog just arrived.
Having a first listen with a few teething troubles, one of them doesn't start playing for quite a while at the beginning of each track, and cuts out from time to time.
Hope it is a Spark, or library building problem rather than hardware Sad

I plonked one on a chair and one on a coffee table just to get going. Since the one on the coffee table cuts out from time to time it makes it very obvious how big a frequency balance difference the 2 mountings cause. As ever the location in the room makes as much, if not more, difference than anything.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(06-Mar-2015, 18:31)f1eng Wrote: My pair of Silver Phantoms and Dialog just arrived.
Having a first listen with a few teething troubles, one of them doesn't start playing for quite a while at the beginning of each track, and cuts out from time to time.
Hope it is a Spark, or library building problem rather than hardware Sad

I plonked one on a chair and one on a coffee table just to get going. Since the one on the coffee table cuts out from time to time it makes it very obvious how big a frequency balance difference the 2 mountings cause. As ever the location in the room makes as much, if not more, difference than anything.

Wow - It's great when toys arrive on a Friday - hopefully you will have plenty of time to play... err I mean experiment.. with them this weekend Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Good luck sorting the issues Frank. It will be very interesting to see if the Phantoms can out run those little horns of yours......
Just picked mine up from DHL, will be set up in a few hours , I hope they do not have similar problems.
You could try a direct optical commection to each speaker one at a time and see if you get the non start problem without dialog
I did a reset and everything is working fine now.
Not fair to judge without positioning them more optimally in the room, but the first impression is that the stereo is superb, and the sound really clean. Bass balance obviously impossible to judge yet.

They don't go as loud as the horns though, obviously, so sound a bit small compared to them.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(06-Mar-2015, 19:18)f1eng Wrote: I did a reset and everything is working fine now.
Not fair to judge without positioning them more optimally in the room, but the first impression is that the stereo is superb, and the sound really clean. Bass balance obviously impossible to judge yet.

They don't go as loud as the horns though, obviously, so sound a bit small compared to them.

That's great to hear! I got an UPS code yesterday, but unfortunately missed the delivery today. I tought it was only for the dialog, but now I hear you got the Silvers delivered, it must be the total package for me as well.
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
How did you reset
(06-Mar-2015, 23:21)davidadamson Wrote: How did you reset

The reset is done by putting a hand on top of the unit to be reset and pressing the power button on the back 3 times. It was something I learned within Spark during the setup procedure.
Oxfordshire

Well I have given up in frustration for now.
Sound quality excellent but lots of intermittent problems with Spark, and I am fed up with resetting and re-setting up the system. My patience has run out for now, so back to listening to a CD via my 250 and Animas (one of my amps is back with Devialet for repair). The sound from my CD of an ancient Kathleen Ferrier recording is superb.
Oxfordshire

Sorry to hear the Phantoms have given you a hard time. Hopefully it's all "just software", as they say.

And...not a serious problem with your 250, I hope?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK