Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphone help please
(07-Mar-2015, 22:41)DelaneyB Wrote: OK,
You need to set the RCA 'digital' inputs on the 200 - the two to the right of the AES to 'line out' and unclick the 'mute' box.
These settings are on the 'settings' tab for each input/output on the advanced configurator
Run an RCA connector pair from these to you headphone amp line in.
Set a button on the remote to be a mute and make sure 'mute' is checked on your speaker configuration.
That way you can mute the speakers and listen via headphones.

Hi, many thanks for the help. I carried out the instructions but when you say change it to line out there was only "pre amplified out stereo....pre amplified out mono...and and digital in and out.

I have the connectors attached correctly......its a start Tongue
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
use pre-amplified stereo out
I have followed the steps exactly , there is progress. There is sound in the right headphone, but none in the left. It is also very very low volume.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
OMG I think I have actually done it.......thank you all for the help.
(08-Mar-2015, 00:56)Womaz Wrote: OMG I think I have actually done it.......thank you all for the help.

And??????? How does it sound?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Mar-2015, 06:22)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Mar-2015, 00:56)Womaz Wrote: OMG I think I have actually done it.......thank you all for the help.

And??????? How does it sound?

Its sounds excellent through the headphone amp. Just when I thought it was all sorted though, the remote app has stopped working. I understand it wont work when the 200 is muted to listen through the headphones, but this morning it is not working again.

Beautiful sound and platform, but really the configuration website needs improvement I think. Really the guidance is not up to scratch.....like I have said before though the music makes you forget that.

Also on my other post someone has referred to a possible major expense because of a possible upgrade. this concerns me and I have asked him to elaborate.
All sorted again. I think the biggest problem is that I cant save my SD card. So every time I want to adjust I have to do the whole configuration again. Last time I forgot to put my wireless internet connection details in, hence the remote app not working.

Thats it now though no more messing around......not with the demo model anyway.
I have another question sorry Smile

If my headphones are going through my MF headphone amp, then how is the 200 influencing the sound quality? is it?

The CLIC is not digitally connected so i am presuming the DAC in the 200 not being utilised?

Just trying to understand all of this Smile
Its like a love/hate relationship with the 200. After taking hours last night to get my headphone amp set up, I go to use them tonight and its not working. What could I have done?
(08-Mar-2015, 10:49)Womaz Wrote: Also on my other post someone has referred to a possible major expense because of a possible upgrade. this concerns me and I have asked him to elaborate.

Your D-amp is an evolving platform.

In a way, you are are buying into a journey not a destination.

The regular "free" firmware updates will only take you so far before, at some unspecified time in the future, a hardware up-grade may be required for you to continue on the journey.

This is nothing to worry about, just something to be aware of.

It's quite exciting really. I don't think that anyone enjoys seeing their expensive electronics become obsolete.

P.S. Good luck with the headphones. I'm sure that once you get your head around it all will be fine.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX