Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion of Speaker cables for Atohm GT1 with D200
Blush

Just bought a pair of used Atohm GT1 (not SE) and a D200 for a month, now using a pair of Wireworld eclipse 7 speaker cables.

Any Suggestion for replacement? I would like to have it under US$2500

and also my listening room is tiny (in Hong Kong, Confused )
I use Canare 4S11 speaker cable from Blue Jeans cable company with ultrasonically welded banana connectors found here:

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/

They must be some of the best cables available because they are also used by Magico in their S3 speakers found here:

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/10/mag...sover.html

If you zoom in on both photos you can see the white filler and you can see a slight transparency of the white insulator on the Magico photo which to me indicated they are definitely the same cable. In real life the insulators are a little transparant. Blue Jeans cable is as far as I know the only company to use sonic welding for their connectors. Instead of 'glueing' connectors on with solder which ends up in between both conductors, sonic welding melts the two together for a much better connection, both mechanically and electrically.

And the price for two 3m lengths Made in the USA and sent to Australia was less than $150.- but don't let that put you off.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-Mar-2015, 05:20)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I use Canare 4S11 speaker cable from Blue Jeans cable company with ultrasonically welded banana connectors found here:

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/

They must be some of the best cables available because they are also used by Magico in their S3 speakers found here:

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/10/mag...sover.html

If you zoom in on both photos you can see the white filler and you can see a slight transparency of the white insulator on the Magico photo which to me indicated they are definitely the same cable. In real life the insulators are a little transparant. Blue Jeans cable is as far as I know the only company to use sonic welding for their connectors. Instead of 'glueing' connectors on with solder which ends up in between both conductors, sonic welding melts the two together for a much better connection, both mechanically and electrically.

And the price for two 3m lengths Made in the USA and sent to Australia was less than $150.- but don't let that put you off.

Wow you have Eagle eyes Pim!  Wink

I don't know about "sonic welding" but I know Yter for instance don't use any solder with their cables. Their connectors are made from the same conductor's alloy, so basically one continuous conductor. I know Yter used to be used in Sonus Faber speakers, not sure if that is still the case. They are one of the few cable companies that actually own their own foundry.

Edit: I've just checked and their connectors are "cold welded".

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Not eagle eyes... Retina display! Love my Mac!

Ultrasonic welding is a 'cold' weld. Here

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/u...elding.htm

is an explanation it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.