Poll: When do you expect SAM to be available for your speaker?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SAM already exists for my speaker
22.50%
9 22.50%
I expect SAM to exist for my speaker until the end of 2014
32.50%
13 32.50%
I expect SAM to exist for my speaker in a few years time
12.50%
5 12.50%
I never expect SAM to be available for my speaker
32.50%
13 32.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM and its troubles
Reading the results of the survey - only 23 responses so far, granted - one gets the impression that the majority are positive about SAM. Indeed speaking to a dealer I understand there is a long line of speakers standing outside the SAM measuring room in Paris!

In the words of the great Jacques Brel: "Au suivant, au suivant!" Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I expect my Magico Q1 will be SAM'd quite soon (at least that's the promise on the site). I'm cautiously optimistic, but I am pretty happy with the way they sound right now (the upgrade from d-Premier to 240 made a big difference here), so I view SAM as a "nice to have extra" rather than a major necessity.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.