Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
streaming 120
Hello,

I have a Devialet 120, I'm trying to configure the unit. I have tried streaming music via Tidal and it was intermittent.  I have an internet speed of 20mbps.

to maximize on sound quality should I purchase a NAS? what music player would you recommend? I'm PC based. I would like to run the off of my ipad or mobile phone.

please advise the best way to set this all up.

ty all
I am PC based and use iTunes as my music player with music stored on a NAS.  The PC is not located in my listening room. I have my PC set up so that sound output is via devialet.  I connect to the devialet via WiFi and control the music via the iTunes Remote app on my iPhone/iPad (homesharing needs to be enabled in iTunes). For streaming Qobuz, I access the Qobuz desktop application on my PC via the Splashtop app - this cost a few dollars but works quite well.  You could also access your iTunes library via Splashtop rather than the Remote app.  I have a relatively poor internet connection so typically download music I want to listen to from Qobuz to my PC rather than try to stream direct from Qobuz.  
(may be a solution for Tidal)

I have a five second buffer set up on the devialet - initially I was having lots of problems with dropouts and noise - but the 5 second buffer seems to have fixed the problem.

The only problem with using iTunes is that it converts higher than CD resolution music to CD resolution.

I have tried JRivers which also has an iPad app - and can play higher than CD quality music, but I found that it had problems in fully indexing my music library.

As you will note my solution requires that I have my PC switched on - albeit in another room.  Overall, I am happy with my current setup but look forward to a solution that would directly access my music from the NAS and stream directly from Qobuz.