Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BjornWiman's system
My system is pretty simple with only an iMac as source. It is connected to the 250 via an Airport Extreme and 15meters of Jenving CAT7+ cable. Speaker cables are Shunyata Anaconda, power cable a Shunyata Alpha HC and acoustical treatments comes from SMD.
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
[Image: 50db44cefd5f49bf04139807da0e7ac0.jpg]

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Lovely . Simplicity of setup and lights are awesome

I can't tell what speakers you have though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Nice. And yes, may I ask what speakers are you using?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Magico Q3, I believe.
Fantastic!. Always wanted to look at Magicos. Can you open the front panel of the speakers and send snaps Smile. These must be very expensive set of speakers!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
It is indeed Q3 as stated at his signature. Many of us use tapatalk I believe so we can not see signatures of fellow forum members as we can normally see at web view.

It is a fantastic setup - one I am aiming towards. How does 250 drive Q3's? Do you think a mono setup will make it fly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(09-May-2015, 08:13)archer75 Wrote: It is indeed Q3 as stated at his signature. Many of us use tapatalk I believe so we can not see signatures of fellow forum members as we can normally see at web view.

It is a fantastic setup - one I am aiming towards. How does 250 drive Q3's? Do you think a mono setup will make it fly?

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I have been using this setup since 2011 when I had the fortune to receive one of the first Q3 delivered in Scandinavia ( I live in Sweden). I have previously owned a lot of good speakers ( working in the audio business do this to you), and normally they have stayed for about three years before they have been exchanged into a new model. But this is not the case with the Q3 - it is a keeper!

The D250 was originally a D-Premiere bought in May 2011 and upgraded to D240/250 in March 2014. 

My room is "L" shaped with a total area of 30sq meters (approximatel 300sq feet). I have never felt the need for a more powerful amplifier since the introduction of SAM last year - but since I have owned several big mono amplifiers throughout the years, the urge for a mono amplifier solution is there from time to time?  - but there is no actual need for more power. But from what I have understood from reading some of the comments elsewhere in this forum, there are more than power to expect from a D800 combo. I tried the D-Premiere/D500 combo but did not experience an improvement motivating the investment at that time.

I play a varity of music - from big symphonic pieces to solo instruments, opera, electronica, classic hard rock, blues - pretty much everything as long as it is good music. This put high expectations on a music system but I can honestly say that I believe my combination live up to the challenge. I see myself as a lucky guy in that remark!

BR Björn

PS. I include a picture taken at the 2011 Gothenburg Hifi-Show showing my actual pair of Q3's ( thank you myhighend) DS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main system:

(09-May-2015, 19:01)BjornWiman Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 08:13)archer75 Wrote: It is indeed Q3 as stated at his signature. Many of us use tapatalk I believe so we can not see signatures of fellow forum members as we can normally see at web view.

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I have been using this setup since 2011 when I had the fortune to receive one of the first Q3 delivered in Scandinavia ( I live in Sweden). I have previously owned a lot of good speakers ( working in the audio business do this to you), and normally they have stayed for about three years before they have been exchanged into a new model. But this is not the case with the Q3 - it is a keeper!

The D250 was originally a D-Premiere bought in May 2011 and upgraded to D240/250 in March 2014. 

My room is "L" shaped with a total area of 30sq meters (approximatel 300sq feet). I have never felt the need for a more powerful amplifier since the introduction of SAM last year - but since I have owned several big mono amplifiers throughout the years, the urge for a mono amplifier solution is there from time to time?  - but there is no actual need for more power. But from what I have understood from reading some of the comments elsewhere in this forum, there are more than power to expect from a D800 combo. I tried the D-Premiere/D500 combo but did not experience an improvement motivating the investment at that time.

I play a varity of music - from big symphonic pieces to solo instruments, opera, electronica, classic hard rock, blues - pretty much everything as long as it is good music. This put high expectations on a music system but I can honestly say that I believe my combination live up to the challenge. I see myself as a lucky guy in that remark!

BR Björn

PS. I include a picture taken at the 2011 Gothenburg Hifi-Show showing my actual pair of Q3's ( thank you myhighend) DS.
Björn,

Power is last on the list when it comes to the advantages a mono setup will give! Instead of listing all the positives I urge you to just have a home demo with another D250 (hopefully a well broken in unit). Though I have a D400 and less power than the D800 I do think the dominating mono positives are the same for the D400/D800.

Please let us know if you will test and how that went!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(08-May-2015, 23:05)BjornWiman Wrote: [Image: 50db44cefd5f49bf04139807da0e7ac0.jpg]

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Björn,

Love the simplicity and elegance of your system.

I also use the Jenving CAT 7 and for sure it made a difference in my system but not for the sound as I do not stream through ethernet but only for online movies and tv. Seeing the hike in TV performance tells me that this should be excellent for music signal as well.

I am about to install some room treatment and I see in the picture as well as you are mentioning that you use SMT products. Did you order this and installed your self? Our did Matts help you out? Do you have any other treatments to the room?

Best/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK