Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluesound Node 24/192 Streaming
(24-Mar-2015, 10:13)Jnan_devi Wrote: Thanks HK this is helpful info shared!.

To be honest, Bluesound may support higher resolution music files, but when it comes to convenient and music sources, Sonos is still way ahead. I would recommend you to buy a Sonos Connect for now until online music market matures with better streamer offerings.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(24-Mar-2015, 13:09)hk6230 Wrote:
(24-Mar-2015, 10:13)Jnan_devi Wrote: Thanks HK this is helpful info shared!.

To be honest, Bluesound may support higher resolution music files, but when it comes to convenient and music sources, Sonos is still way ahead. I would recommend you to buy a Sonos Connect for now until online music market matures with better streamer offerings.

Agree with you! And not to mention "Dialog" is yet to be proved good.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Hello HK - can you quickly review the diagram i have enclosed?. See if you have inputs?

1) Fig-A : NAS is connected to the same AE which will pretty much sit (1 metre apart max) next to Blue's Node ; and Blue's Node will not be wired but wifi to AE

2) Fig-B: NAS is onto another AE elsewhere in my home (1st floor) ; however Blue's Node could be wired to AE.

the Toslink to COAX converter is on its way along with Audioquest's Coax Carbon Cable. for now i will go with toslink.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
(10-Apr-2015, 07:41)Jnan_devi Wrote: Hello HK - can you quickly review the diagram i have enclosed?. See if you have inputs?

1) Fig-A : NAS is connected to the same AE which will pretty much sit (1 metre apart max) next to Blue's Node ; and Blue's Node will not be wired but wifi to AE

2) Fig-B: NAS is onto another AE elsewhere in my home (1st floor) ; however Blue's Node could be wired to AE.

the Toslink to COAX converter is on its way along with Audioquest's Coax Carbon Cable. for now i will go with toslink.

Both should work. Try them out and see if your preferred connection is stable enough not to have dropouts.

You're spending a lot on your interconnections. Big Grin  What brand is your Toslink - Coax converter? Price?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

toslink-COAX converter -
http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Bi-directio...to+coaxial

Regarding audioquest Coax - I had ordered Cinnamon but due to stock availability etc I got upgrade for same price Smile.

Honestly Dont Intend to spend too much. Want to keep it simple but things are growing like it or not Smile
(10-Apr-2015, 07:50)hk6230 Wrote: Both should work. Try them out and see if your preferred connection is stable enough not to have dropouts.

HK - Thanks for suggestions. Will try both.
I had kept my Bluesound Node for more than a month. Today, I took it out and re-connect to my D200 again. To my surprise, there's much more clarity in the music presentation than I had noticed before. I actually placed it on the market for sale. Now, maybe I will keep it for a bit longer period.

The reason I use it again was I had accidentally accepted a Tidal 3-for-1 month subscription offer for its Premium service. And, Bluesound Node can link to Tidal with its Premium service. (Sonos must be Tidal Hifi) Tidal Premium is streaming 320kbps AAC music, which sounded pretty good and with its lower music size, streaming has very little dropouts in China.

I m quite happy with Bluesound. Thanks to you HK for all those experiments you shared.

the software version for Ipad is much better than Iphone version. I have both and i m quite happy with overall setup.

I come home, simply start playing the playlist. Very happy with the quality of the music.

I m waiting for my Audioquest COAXIAL cable, once that is in, I m all set. No more expensive equipment is needed for me.
HI All,

I have recently upgraded from 120 to 220pro...the sound is really better and with Air 3.02, I don't seem to have any issues (drop-outs or white noise). So I guess I am blessed

I mostly like to listen to music via Spotify, so I have a software called air server that runs on my WIN 7 PC.

https://www.airserver.com

AirServer enables me to use airplay to connect to the PC which in turn sends the output to Devialet Air.

I have always wondered if I have too many links in this chain. The new Bluesound Vault 2 came up as an easier way to connect. It support Spotify connect natively (also supports Deezer / Tidal etc). It has a SPDIF output, is ROON ready (as of this year) and also have a nice iPad App called BlueOS.

http://www.bluesound.com/products/vault-2/#shop

It costs around US$1400 here in Dubai. So my question is as follows

Given that Devialet is yet to send / share information about the "new streamer", does it make sense to buy the Bluesound Vault 2, or should I wait ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just FYI, the Spotify client software can function as Spotify Connect. So you wouldn't need AirServer for that. With a default sounddevice of AIR and the Spotify client running on your Win 7 machine it should become available in the official Spotify app.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands