Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD Transport into 200
(13-Mar-2015, 11:48)Confused Wrote: In simple terms, there are six phono / SPDIF inputs.  So two for the ClIC, two for the headphone amp.  This leaves two free, so one for the CD player, one for the network player or the AES/EBU input.   Also, some network players work best using the USB input, so you actually have many workable options.

I think i get it now. I will now go and configure it again to see if I can get all three up and running. Thanks again.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(13-Mar-2015, 11:52)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Mar-2015, 11:48)Confused Wrote: In simple terms, there are six phono / SPDIF inputs.  So two for the ClIC, two for the headphone amp.  This leaves two free, so one for the CD player, one for the network player or the AES/EBU input.   Also, some network players work best using the USB input, so you actually have many workable options.

You're right Confused, I hadn't realised that the Phono 2 inputs can be configured as line inputs.

Can't believe I spent so much time thinking this through.  Blush  Angry

Guillaume

Imagine how I feel Smile

I have been frustrated at times over last few weeks as the guidance is not good enough in my opinion.However the 200 is awesome and that sound is worth the perseverance. Without this forum I might not have purchased the 200, and that would have been a tragedy Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
I have reconfigured as above and it all works fine, apart from two issues. The CD digital input does not go through to the headphones. this is not critical as can use the CLIC when listening to headphones.
The other issue is critical though. When listening through headphones and I mute the speakers it also mutes the headphones.
I remembered from a previous post that I had to untick the mute option every time when configuring the pre-out so I do that. But I dont think it saves, as when I load my SD card again the box is ticked again.

Any pointers?
(13-Mar-2015, 12:44)Womaz Wrote: I have reconfigured as above and it all works fine, apart from two issues. The CD digital input does not go through to the headphones. this is not critical as can use the CLIC when listening to headphones.
The other issue is critical though. When listening through headphones and I mute the speakers it also mutes the headphones.
I remembered from a previous post that I had to untick the mute option every time when configuring the pre-out so I do that. But I dont think it saves, as when I load my SD card again the box is ticked again.

Any pointers?

Looks like a configurator bug.  I would send a query to Devialet, ask about the box "ticking" itself, ask when they are going to fix the Configurator bugs......
i think it is a bug, as I did the exact same change 5 times. The first 4 times the headphones did not mute. On the fifth occasion they did.

I was trying to get rid of boxes but looks like the CD player is staying too now. Smile

Really appreciate all the help for you guys again, I would be lost without your help........although I actually consider myself a configurator expert now Smile
One question: why does the connection to the headphone amp has to mute? Would it not be sufficient to switch off the headphone amp?

The optical connection was quite reasonable sounding in the D-premier but in the present range Devialet is using a much inferior input receiver for toslink.
(13-Mar-2015, 17:27)Music or sound Wrote: One question: why does the connection to the headphone amp has to mute? Would it not be sufficient to switch off the headphone amp?

The optical connection was quite reasonable sounding in the D-premier but in the present range Devialet is using a much inferior input receiver for toslink.

I meant the speakers need to mute when I use the headphones.