Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and USB cables
Isent this what we are looking for ?

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0207/06...1429101439

The red cable for power and the black cable for data. 
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
iFi does offer such type of USB cable, too. It's called Gemini USB cable. I'm using their Mercury USB cable with their iUSBpower and iPurifier.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(26-Mar-2015, 12:31)ogs Wrote: That should not be necessary. In this thread the subject of USB bus power is discussed:   http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=438
It is interesting to note that Antoine found the Devialet needs the USB power ground connected to work. Ground is often where the noise is transferred so to eliminate this the best solution is probably a device that isolates the USB input completely. I believe the UpTone Regen device will do this http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-mu...post397482 To find out more about the Regen you'll have read a bit on the CA forum.
Alternatively low noise from the streamer USB port will also do the trick. I am quite sure Aurender and other high quality devices have very good control with the noise on their USB outputs.

Replying to my own post...

I now have a Regen device in my system. I does not provide galvanic isolation as I assume in the quoted post, but it sounds fabulous! If this is interesting for your setup, please see this thread http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1139
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(22-Mar-2015, 15:25)archer75 Wrote:
(22-Mar-2015, 01:53)hk6230 Wrote:
(12-Mar-2015, 21:42)archer75 Wrote: I just bought Shunyata Venom USB.  Anyone using it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you give us some feedback on this cable?

Hi, I will be - give me some time to burn in the cable and listen my test tracks. I won't be able to compare with any other USB cable though as it is my first time to run something through USB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any updates? Have you heard the TotalDac USB cable?

Thanks.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I just ordered a 1m TotalDac USB cable.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(09-Jun-2015, 19:16)rwjr44 Wrote: I just ordered a 1m TotalDac USB cable.

What are you using at the moment?  It will be interesting to see how the Totaldac cable performs with the Aurender, keep us posted!
(09-Jun-2015, 22:05)Confused Wrote:
(09-Jun-2015, 19:16)rwjr44 Wrote: I just ordered a 1m TotalDac USB cable.

What are you using at the moment?  It will be interesting to see how the Totaldac cable performs with the Aurender, keep us posted!

Shunyata Venom. I will.
I'm using a Light Harmonic Lightspeed 10GB USB cable. I also have a Cardas Clear USB. I have an aurender N100H on order. I'm currently using an Auralic Aries and also Roon off of my Macbook via USB. Tried Air but couldn't get it stable. Should have the aurender next week. I'll test the two cables against each other and see if I can notice any differences.
Devialet 400 <> Revel Studio 2 <> Auralic Aries-Diskstation NAS <> Palmer 2.5 Turntable w/ Koetsu Black
I got my Totaldac USB just over a week ago. I have to admit it's been pretty variable (more to run in I guess with electronic components in the filter box) I've been tempted more than once to send it back. But darn me it's sounding wonderful right now and finally the higher frequencies are coming through. It's been a bit muted in that respect. Must stick with it!
@Rufus Has the cable continued to improve?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C