Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and USB cables
(21-Jun-2014, 00:01)Antoine Wrote:
(28-May-2014, 15:49)Antoine Wrote: <cut>

Does anyone yet if the Devialet's USB input needs the power pins connected?

<cut>

I can answer my own question since I've tested it using my new motherboard for which you can configure to cut the power in USB. The Devialet needs the USB ground active. It can do without an active +5V power from the source.

The +5V is needed for the computer to recognize when the devialet is powered up and or switches source.

I can kill the 5v at my SOTM card and everything is fine as long as the devialet is currently connected and on USB source.  As soon as I power down the devialet, the computer won't recognize it on power on.
(28-May-2014, 15:49)Antoine Wrote:  Also interesting to me are the iFi Audio Micro iUSBPower product (http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iusbpower/) as it can isolate grounds and provide clean USB power and their Gemini 'two headed' USB cable which splits power and signal (http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-gemini/).

interesting indeed. thanks for sharing. i didn't know that such thing exists!

any idea about the price?

and i really wonder what SQ improvement it will bring if i install it between my Aurender X100 and D400? currently connect with USB Audioquest Cinnamon
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have a Gemini running into an IUSBPower into the IUSB S/PDIF converter and into my TACT. The Gemini immediately made a big difference.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Hi guys, as you may know I tired the iFi Mercury USB cable and it was very disappointing! And I reverted back to my Audioquest Cinnamon usb which is by far better.

Couple of days ago I got my hands on the Audioquest Diamond USB cable and I'm still struggling as I can't really hear any significant improvement vs Cinnamon!

I will dedicate more sessions over the weekend for a more thorough comparison.

For those of you who use the TotalDac USB what do you think of it and what is the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(12-Mar-2015, 09:03)amabrok Wrote: Hi guys, as you may know I tired the iFi Mercury USB cable and it was very disappointing! And I reverted back to my Audioquest Cinnamon usb which is by far better.

Couple of days ago I got my hands on the Audioquest Diamond USB cable and I'm still struggling as I can't really hear any significant improvement vs Cinnamon!

For those of you who use the TotalDac USB what do you think of it and what is the price?

Hi there,

I just switched my Audioquest Diamond for the Totaldac USB.
I read all the positive comments but I was a bit skeptical.
However my Diamond cable is 75 cm and a bit on the short side for the position change I planned in my setup.
I noticed that the Totaldac USB cable also came in a 2m version and that Vincent from Totaldac also allows for a two week trial period, so I took the plunge.
The difference  is immediately noticable, more detail, blacker background, more lifelike, more analogue, less sharpness without being flat or dull.
I found all comments I read to be fairly accurate.
The Totaldac is clearly better than the Diamond in my setup and noticably cheaper too (€ 390 for 2m, € 360 for 1m )

Herman.
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo
(12-Mar-2015, 09:39)Hermanh Wrote:
(12-Mar-2015, 09:03)amabrok Wrote: Hi guys, as you may know I tired the iFi Mercury USB cable and it was very disappointing! And I reverted back to my Audioquest Cinnamon usb which is by far better.

Hi there,

I just switched my Audioquest Diamond for the Totaldac USB.
I read all the positive comments but I was a bit skeptical.
However my Diamond cable is 75 cm and a bit on the short side for the position change I planned in my setup.
I noticed that the Totaldac USB cable also came in a 2m version and that Vincent from Totaldac also allows for a two week trial period, so I took the plunge.
The difference  is immediately noticable, more detail, blacker background, more lifelike, more analogue, less sharpness without being flat or dull.
I found all comments I read to be fairly accurate.
The Totaldac is clearly better than the Diamond in my setup and noticably cheaper too (€ 390 for 2m, € 360 for 1m )

Herman.

Thanks for the response. Very encouraging

Dubai, UAE
I just bought Shunyata Venom USB. Anyone using it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Audience just introduced a new USB cable:

"This new USB cable is simply sensational in every way. The Au24 SE USB's clarity, dimensionality, and gorgeous timbre put it in a class by itself. It seems to have no signature of its own, but rather more transparently conveys what's coming from your computer. The dual-cable design separates the signal-carrying and power-carrying conductors."
Any experience with Paul Pang Audio USB cables on this forum ?

As i can see they get excellent reviews everywhere

http://www.hifidelit.com/collections/all
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(12-Mar-2015, 21:42)archer75 Wrote: I just bought Shunyata Venom USB.  Anyone using it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend of mine is using one and he loves it.

According to Music Direct:
Venom USB utilizes Shunyata’s most-expensive VTX pure-copper conductors and isolates the signal conductors from the power conductors, a design that reduces crosstalk, virtually eliminates noise, and conveys eye-popping and ear-pinning detail.