Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS Audio P3 for D400 + Montis
I'd love to see 104V! Mine exceeds 153V daily and I think this is the cause of some of my woes, not least components going boom on a fairly regular basis Sad I hasten to add my Devialet has not done this yet.
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Anyone here had experience with Isotek? I'm currently using the entry level Evo3 Solus on loan from my dealer and I'm impressed so far. Considering to pull the trigger on the higher models either the Evo3 Aquarius or Evo3 Sigmas.

Thought, ideas?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Stay away from PS Audio, after the software upgrade last May the filter had more cons then pros in my view
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(20-Mar-2015, 07:22)amabrok Wrote: Thanks for all the replies guys.

Anyone here had experience with Isotek? I'm currently using the entry level Evo3 Solus on loan from my dealer and I'm impressed so far. Considering to pull the trigger on the higher models either the Evo3 Aquarius or Evo3 Sigmas.

Thought, ideas?

Hi,

Why not have a look at Audience adapt Response with its different models? Or perhaps QRT plus their plugin 'Harmonisers' or 'Enhancers'. Though I am in general sceptic to these solutions as there is always something reducing dynamic to my ears though the solutions above I think worked very well. 
After a long search many years ago I bought the Lampizator Silk AC Filter which to me did its job without dynamic restraints. I have the version were AC phase shift can be done with a switch on the front. 
Since installing a dedicated mains system (and got rid of dirty mains noise etc) I am thinking of just adding a std power distributor with a star configured wiring. I will definitely try this out.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Thanks Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(21-Mar-2015, 10:05)amabrok Wrote: Thanks Mike!

You're welcome!

In our previous home, with no dedicated mains, we had lots of noise pollution from fridge but mostly from strip lights in the kitchen and bathrooms. Tried many 'filters' and some had very good effect some not much, but all solutions restrained dynamics. That was until I tried the Lampizator filter, not only did it filter very efficiently it also kept the system dynamic. The added phase switches showed to be very welcome as at that time I had mono amps of another brand and the stereo perspective really differed with phase. I still use ,this for the Devialets to get correct phase, it matters for sure in clarity, coherence and stereo perspective. Otherwise with dedicated mains, spur and receptacles, my system is now totally black silent.
I said it before but I believe that a dedicated mains is the first step to healthy AC. My installation (8 meters dedicated mains cable, spur, 2xreceptacles) including an electrician cost me less than GBP 800.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Since I'm an owner of a PS Audio P3, I'll chime in on my experience. I've got my subs plugged into the high current (non regenerated outlets) where I can also control powering on/off. TV and the Mac Mini's customer power supply are plugged into the separate regenerated power outlet banks which improved both. With regards to my D400, I initially liked it plugged into the P3's regenerated outlets but did notice a slight loss of dynamics on complex/heavy music at 90+ db. Loss of dynamics is a deal breaker for me so I've plugged the monos back into the wall. All is good now.

So in summary, I agree that the P3 is great for source components but not so much for amps.
Raidho D2
(2) REL 528s
Devialet 400 Air Ethernet
Roon Nucleus w custom power supply
QNAP NAS
PS Audio P3 Powerplant and Powerbase
Furutech GTX_D Outlet on dedicated line
JPS Labs Kaptovators to the wall

Thanks Foggy916!

I decided to steer away from PS Audio and went for Isotek Sigmas Evo3. Due to arrive in a week or so.

Will share my findings once hooked up

Dubai, UAE
(24-Apr-2015, 16:53)Foggy916 Wrote: With regards to my D400, I initially liked it plugged into the P3's regenerated outlets but did notice a slight loss of dynamics on complex/heavy music at 90+ db. Loss of dynamics is a deal breaker for me so I've plugged the monos back into the wall.

Maybe the higher output of the P5 would prevent the loss of dynamics.
The Isotek Sigmas Evo3 with Isotek Evo3 Elite cable and Isotek Polaris Evo3 with Isotek Sequel Evo3 cable are in and they are great.

I use the two high current outlets of the Sigmas to power my D400 and normal current outlets to power my Martin Logan Montis and Aurender X100.

The Polaris powers my CD transport and the network bridge

Products are solid in terms of build and performance. They are very stable and deliver clean power felt and heard in terms of warmth a deal dynamics

Dubai, UAE