Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spark release
Found this message in my postbox:

Quote:
Dear friends,

First and foremost, we would like to say that we are proud and happy to have you as the pioneers of the PHANTOM revolution.
Many of you have shared with us the powerful musical experience PHANTOM has created in your home. However, as is the case with many new endeavors, there have been some difficulties reported, specifically pertaining to theSPARK application. We want you to know that we are aware of this and are taking the necessary steps to improve your experience. SPARK is an application that is continuously evolving and will soon be as perfect as your PHANTOM. We have 8 dedicated engineers working 24/7 on the application and our goal is for it to exceed your expectations.
In a few days, on March 31st, you will receive the Spark 1.1 preview release. It includes:
Bug fixes
- Synchronize Deezer and Qobuz playlists
- Stall upon setup
- Network Stability
- Faster PHANTOM startup
- Spark crashes
- Better meta-data support
- Seek and play on some formats
New features
- Optical Input on DIALOG
- Improved PHANTOM stereo mix
Thank you for your continued trust and patience, and please accept our apologies if your experience was at times not up to par. We continue to strive for excellence. 
As a token of our appreciation, we invite you to join our PHANTOM PIONEER PROGRAM, which includes priority access to our support team as well as software beta-releases. Simply reply to this email if you wish to take part.

Quentin Sannié
  Devialet CEO

■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I would like an input and apology for the Expert line as well... but old customers...

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
If I were a Phantom owner I think I'd be relatively pleased to get this email. (I did get it as a Dialog owner and have signed up for the Pioneer thingy -- why not?) it's an admission that they have egg on their face, and it provides some measure of reassurance that things will get better soon.

It'll be interesting to see how fully they address the problems that Frank and others have reported come 31 March. I'd be feeling moderately optimistic.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Which problem exactly?
(19-Mar-2015, 10:24)fgueho Wrote: Which problem exactly?

Good news indeed, especially optical in from dialog.
(19-Mar-2015, 10:24)fgueho Wrote: Which problem exactly?

The most common problems are outlined in the letter from Devialet quoted by the OP.
A single unit working in mono worked fine for as long as I tried it (not that long) but in stereo Spark doesn't work satisfactorily for me at all really.
Of those that are mentioned the bugs that bother me are:
1. Reasonably frequent Spark crashes (~ 2 per hour causing the music to stop) though it usually re-boots itself.
2. Loss of one of the Phantoms whilst listening, looking at the connections list in Spark shows one of the Phantoms is no longer connected. Which requires the whole system setup to be done again from scratch.
3. Unless the items are hardware reset in the right order the attempt to repeat the setup hangs.

I have given up trying to listen to mine, it is too annoying.
I will try again at Scalford then not bother until after Spark 1.1 is there.
I would have thought some of the problems could be firmware related so hopefully that will be updated too.
I think firmware updates are supposed to be automatic and from the internet but I don't leave mine connected, partly because the Dialog is so hot, partly because it loses a Phantom within a few hours anyway so that, presumably, couldn't be updated automatically anyway. 
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(18-Mar-2015, 17:15)Jwg1749 Wrote: If I were a Phantom owner I think I'd be relatively pleased to get this email. (I did get it as a Dialog owner and have signed up for the Pioneer thingy -- why not?) it's an admission that they have egg on their face, and it provides some measure of reassurance that things will get better soon.

It'll be interesting to see how fully they address the problems that Frank and others have reported come 31 March. I'd be feeling moderately optimistic.

Matt

Yes an no!
I wrote my first piece of reasonably worthwhile software in 1971, and have written a fair bit more since (though I stopped writing code in 1986) and used lots and lots on Unix, Linux, Mac and PC platforms.
Spark is the least stable released software I have ever used. They have only released a part of the advertised functionality so far and that, IMO, it is not even yet fit for beta release never mind public release.
That email should never have been necessary.
IMHO

It is a terrible shame. The speaker itself is absolutely brilliant in concept and engineering.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Has anyone sent a query to Devilaet to ask about the high Dialog temperatures?
(19-Mar-2015, 13:48)Confused Wrote: Has anyone sent a query to Devilaet to ask about the high Dialog temperatures?

Yes I did. My Phantom also is quite hot even after not using it for ten hours!
(19-Mar-2015, 17:55)fcs Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 13:48)Confused Wrote: Has anyone sent a query to Devilaet to ask about the high Dialog temperatures?

Yes I did. My Phantom also is quite hot even after not using it for ten hours!

Is it Phantom or Dialog that is hot, or both?