Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spark release
Listened to Tidal streaming tonight for several hours (optical in from macbook) perfect glitch free sound
david do you need a dialog for music streaming or can you do it on the phantom on its own.
You need the dialog ( I think to determine the stereo set up for two phantoms, however i use the optical out from my Macbook directly in to the optical in on one phantom, I think the dialog then takes over and does the stereo handling to each phantom.
Maybe some one has also tried it without a dialog although if you have two phantoms you will also have a dialog.
sorry what i meant david is will tidal work without a dialog , i have a phantom but i can not see any option for a music service like tidal.
You need a Dialog if you want to stream without a PC. Since my Lenovo X1 doesn't have an optical out, I am using my Oppo's USB IN and connecting the Phantom to the optical output. Plan to get a Dialog later in the year.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Tidal will work without dialog, you would have to stream from a PC using an optical cable to connect PC and Phantom
(03-Apr-2015, 12:42)davidadamson Wrote: Tidal will work without dialog, you would have to stream from a PC using an optical cable to connect PC and Phantom

But without the dialog it's mono only, right?
That I do not know as I have a dialog, you will have to try and see or buy dialog which is the cheapest part of the equation
Only mono without a Dialog. Even if you have two phantoms.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I discovered today that the only way cover art shows in Spark is if
A: it is an MP4 file with embedded art
B: you must change the cover art jpeg to read as cover.Jpeg, then re-establish path to your music folder and restart Spark.
My jpegs were labelled Folder.jpeg and would not show
New Spark seems to be much better at delivering the stream without glitches