Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried SAM w. Martin Logan Theos or ESL?
To my surprise, just saw that SAM has been profiled for the Martin Logan ESL and Theos.  I thought it would never happen but then realized that these are entirely passive.  And the bass response reaches down to 20hz or so - though no quantity is stated. 

Question - anyone tried SAM with either of the ESL and Theos?  And using Sam profile, wonder how they compare with the likes of the Montis which can't be profiled?

It would be very intriguing to set up Montis (non-Sam) vs Theos (Sam). 

Thanks!
MtnGuy
Hi MtnGuy

As if you have tailored your question for me Smile !

I currently have Montis and before them i had the ESL. I tried the ESL with and without SAM and i have to say that the SAM profile works very well on ESL! warmer and deeper bass but more importantly speed and control. as if the woofer is almost always ready for the next beat.

Once i acquired the Montis, like you said, I knew they will never be SAMed because of their active subs, but then i decided to try something crazy ... Theos SAM profile on Montis

for more details check this thread

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=582

hope this helps
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Thanks Amabrook. Appreciate a first hand account. Did SAm impact the mids and highs on the ESL? I posted a similar query on the Martin Logan forum and one person replied, noting that it did not work well and was a poor match. Hard to know as I've not heard that set up myself. THanks for sharing your experience.

MtnGuy
(28-Mar-2015, 20:06)MountainGuy Wrote: Thanks Amabrook. Appreciate a first hand account. Did SAm impact the mids and highs on the ESL? I posted a similar query on the Martin Logan forum and one person replied, noting that it did not work well and was a poor match. Hard to know as I've not heard that set up myself. THanks for sharing your experience.

MtnGuy

Indeed,the benefit was not in the lows but also in the mids and to a lesser extent the highs.

All in all is an additional seamless integration between the electrodynamic woofer and the electrostatic panel.

I believe SAM for ESL was a big plus and the speaker benefit a lot from the profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE